Looking for Lamaina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Lamaina

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

The information of location was off the family tree I am trying to find the match for. That is why I was asking about a country registry. I am not sure if their information is verified very well. I will do some more digging. I really want to say thank you for the help. I feel like I should send you a small gift for the help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help!

It's what we do!!! :-)

T.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

Can you look at the birth(nati) record or log for 1883. Looks like in room 15 there is a Giacomo Lamaina. I think it the farther is Giavanni(SP). But I can't find the mother. Following the name convention could he be a brother of my xgrandfather? If I am misreading the father's name. I think the record shows up in the 8th page.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nick_Lamaine wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 05:29 Can you look at the birth(nati) record or log for 1883. Looks like in room 15 there is a Giacomo Lamaina. I think it the farther is Giavanni(SP). But I can't find the mother. Following the name convention could he be a brother of my xgrandfather? If I am misreading the father's name. I think the record shows up in the 8th page.
I checked the index of birth year 1883 in Donada, and found no Lamaina listed. Is that what you were asking?

If not, can you post the link to what you were viewing?

T.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

No I am sorry, I was looking at the Garaguso links you sent me. I think all of my family most likely came from that area. Is it unreasonable to think all Lamaina from that area are related to me?
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

I have another question. If I wanted to check departures from Naples to US for my family would that be in a Naples' database or in Garaguso were they started the trip needing a passport or papers? I seems like all the Lamainas I have seen are arriving from Naples.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nick_Lamaine wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 05:29 Can you look at the birth(nati) record or log for 1883. Looks like in room 15 there is a Giacomo Lamaina. I think it the farther is Giavanni(SP). But I can't find the mother. Following the name convention could he be a brother of my xgrandfather? If I am misreading the father's name. I think the record shows up in the 8th page.
In Birth Act #15 for Giacomo Lamaina
Father is Giovanni, 43, proprietor
Mother is Maria Francesca Moles, his wife
Birth on 12 March 1883

SIDE NOTATION - Giacomo Lamaina died in New York on 4 September 1953. The death act was recorded in Garaguso in 1966, Parte II, Series C, #1

Here is the birth act of Giovanni Lamaina in 1839
Father: Gaudenzio Lamaina, 40, landowner, son of Giacomo
Mother: Lucrezia d'Eufemia, 36 his wife
Birth on 6 November 1839
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

T.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

Thanks, If I am reading this right is Vito's brother or my uncle?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nick_Lamaine wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 18:58 Thanks, If I am reading this right is Vito's brother or my uncle?
Yes. Giovanni (b. 1839) is brother to Vito Nicola (b. 1832)

T.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

Great, thank for confirming. I am not sure if you saw my post about listing for passage to US. It looks like most of the Lamaina's I am finding left through Naples. Would the travels records be there? Or, would the have to get some kind of travel paperwork in Garaguso?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nick_Lamaine wrote: 14 Sep 2019, 21:18 Great, thank for confirming. I am not sure if you saw my post about listing for passage to US. It looks like most of the Lamaina's I am finding left through Naples. Would the travels records be there? Or, would the have to get some kind of travel paperwork in Garaguso?

I have not seen a database of that kind. (a database of the visa/passport)
Have you located your ancestors' arrival records?

You might try posting your inquiry on the Emigration, Immigration forum. Perhaps someone will give you guidance.

T.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

OK, thanks I will try that. I have gone through the wedding files from the link you gave me. There are 10 from different year. How many would not be too many to ask help with. I don't want to become a bother.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

Is the mother's age on the Birth certificate?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

For Giacomo? No, I did not see an age for the mother.

Here is the parent's marriage act in 1873 (#13)
Giovanni is age 33, Son of Gaudenzio and of Lucrezia D'eufemia.
Maria Francesca is age 20 (so born about 1853), daughter of Vito and of Laura Barbarito

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 6.jpg.html

T.
Nick_Lamaine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nick_Lamaine »

Hello, I have been getting better at reading the records you sent me the links to. On the birth site years 1816 - 1820 I see a Lamaina, (can't make out first name-looks like) Lorocenzo. Maybe you can make out the first name. Also, it has Eletto after the name. Do you know what this means?