The Fionda Family Tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KerriFiondaBrookes

The Fionda Family Tree

Post by KerriFiondaBrookes »

Hello!

I'm hoping third time lucky to actually get this post posted as my others didn't work. I'm looking for information on Giovanni Battista Funda Fionda, born in Cassino, Frosinone. I believe his was the father of Angelantonio, Francisco/Francesco (my great-grandad), Luigi and Giuseppe.

I think Giovanni was married to Antonia Fallone but I cannot find out anything beyond this... I can't find any information relating to birth, death or marriage!!!

If anyone has any information, it would be very gratefully received!

Thanks

Kerri
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: The Fionda Family Tree

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you provide some approximate dates of birth or marriage for any of the ancestors you mentioned?

T.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Cassino lost all it's civil records in WW2 and although the peopel reconstructed their records after the war those who left Italy before WW2 did not do this.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
KerriFiondaBrookes

Post by KerriFiondaBrookes »

So Francesco/Francisco (his name is written both ways) was born in 1850 in Naples (we think), although the family came from Cassino. It was originally thought that Giovanni was born in 1826 although I cannot find any record of this anywhere. I would also be interested in information on Antonia Fallone, although I have no idea about date of birth for her.....
crctracing@gmail.com

Post by crctracing@gmail.com »

Hi

Disregard my PM. these records are only available for viewing at a Family History Library or search centre.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

However Francesco was actually Francisco born in Campania, Naples, Italy in 1852, from 1911 resided in Bristol till he died in 1938. married Susan Mcguire in 1935 in Sodbury United Kingdom.

Hope it helps a bit

C
Jasufi

Post by Jasufi »

Hi Kerri

My Grandfather was Francesco Fionda, I think ...son of Giovanni Battista Fionda and Antonia Fallone and brother to Angelo Antonio Fionda.

Did you find out any more information on your request - if so, I would love to share it.

Best
J
Hayley0811

Post by Hayley0811 »

Giovanni Battista fionda is on my tree.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I just did some research for this family. The client thought she was also descended from Giovanni Battista but she was wrong.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Hayley0811

Post by Hayley0811 »

The one on my tree was married to Teresa cascarino.