trying to confirm ggggparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
westlakemom
Rookie
Rookie

trying to confirm ggggparents

Post by westlakemom »

I have this information on my great grandparents: Pellegrino Perugini born July 12, 1848 Pontelandolfo, died Feb. 8, 1933 Morcone, married to Nicoletta Rubbo born May 9, 1857 Pontelandolfo, died Feb. 1, 1937, Morcone. I am trying to verify their parents and the parents marriage place and date. I have Pellegrinos parents as Filippo Nicola Perugini, born May 1, 1817 in Pontelandolfo (but cannot find the birth act on antenati), and Maria Vittoria Rinaldi born March 22, 1825 in Morcone. I have them marrying March 26, 1845 in Morcone. So far so good, but why would their son Pellegrino be listed as born in Pontelandolfo? Would they have been married in the bride's town of Morcone and went to live in Pontelandolfo where Pellegrino was born?

Then Pellegrino and his wife Nicoletta, both born in Pontelandolfo go back to Morcone where his mother was born, raise their children there and die there. Did Pellegrino or his mother inherit any property in Morcone that would cause them to move back there? I don't have any information on siblings that would help me. Can anyone make sense of this? Are my facts correct?

Also if you could find anything on Nicoletta's parents I would be most grateful.
rlw254
Master
Master

Re: trying to confirm ggggparents

Post by rlw254 »

Morcone Births #62
22 Mar 1825
Maria Vittoria Rinaldi daughter of [Antonio Rinaldi age 45, farmer, son of deceased Tommaso Rinaldi] and [Antonia d'Adona age 33]

Pontelandolfo Births #65
1 May 1817
Filippo Nicola Perugini son of [Antonio Perugini age 35, farmer] and [Maria Vittoria Perugini age 38]

Pontelandolfo Births #108
11 July 1848
Pellegrino Perugini son of [Filippo Nicola Perugini age 31, farmer] and [Maria Vittoria Rinaldi age 24]

Pontelandolfo Births #91
13 May 1857
Nicoletta Rubbo daughter of [Giovanni Epifanio Rubbo, son of Alberto, age 46, farmer] and [Maria Annunziata d'Addona age 45]

Marriage in the bride's town but living in the groom's town is very common. I do not see their marriage in Morcone in 1845. 1846 is missing, but I also do not see any pubblicazioni in Pontelandolfo in 1846 which I would expect if they were married in this year.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
rlw254
Master
Master

Post by rlw254 »

Pontelandolfo Marriages #26
8 Nov 1834
Giovanni Epifanio di Rubbo, age 23, born Pontelandolfo, farmer, son of Alberto di Rubbo and Maria Angela Mancini both living in Pontelandolfo
Maria Annunziata Margherita d'Addona, age 20, born Pontelandolfo, daughter of Gaetano d'Addona and Maria Felicita Sforza both living in Pontelandolfo

From processetti of marriage above:
Giovanni Epifanio di Rubbo born 6 Jan 1811
Father Alberto di Rubbo, age 30 ; mother Maria Angela Mancini

Margherita d'Addona born 1 July 1814
Father Gaetano d'Addona, age 41 ; mother Maria Felicita Sforza, age 39
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
westlakemom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by westlakemom »

Thanks for the birth dates.

Any idea why Pellegrino and family went to Morcone? Are there any records in Morcone that would help me such as land purchases or inheritances?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Inheriting a piece of land or house would be a good reason to move. Land records are available but not digitized you would have to do this personally probably in Santa Maria Capua Vetere for the years you need.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
westlakemom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by westlakemom »

THANK YOU very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
westlakemom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by westlakemom »

What is Santa Maria Capua Vetera?
westlakemom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by westlakemom »

I've learned it is an ancient town in Caserta. I had not heard of it previously.