Mangiere family from Italy to NYC & Brooklyn

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JessicaLyn

Post by JessicaLyn »

My great great grandfather was Nicolo Mangiere, son of Gaetano Mangiere and Mariantonia Costa. Nicolo emigrated from Italy to NYC in 1871. He married Michelina Fasano abt 1880 probably in NYC. (She had come over in 1879). BTW their arrival dates are according to the 1900 census records. They eventually moved to Brooklyn. Nicolo was heavily into NY real estate.
<BR>
<BR>Nicolo and Michelina\'s living children were:
<BR>
<BR>Antoinette (b. Oct 1882) married a DiSanti.
<BR>
<BR>Rosa (b. Feb 1884) married Dominick Sclafani
<BR>
<BR>Louisa (b. Jul 1885, d. 1938) married Stephen Guardino.
<BR>
<BR>Joseph (b. Dec 1888, d. 1955) married Anna Rinelli.
<BR>
<BR>Thomas (b. Jul 1890, d. Jun 1946) He is my great grandfather, married Giuseppa \"Josephine\" Mangiere.
<BR>
<BR>John (b. May 1893) became an MD. Believed to have moved to NC and changed name to Mann or Manning.
<BR>
<BR>Pasquale \"Charlie\" (b. Apr 1895) presumed died in prison. He was married to \"Fern\" from Missouri.
<BR>
<BR>Elvira (b. Feb 1896, d. 1979) married Dr. Donato Viggiano. Elvira died in Westchester, NY in 1979.
<BR>
<BR>Nicolino \"Nick Jr\" (b 28 Apr 1901) in Manhattan. He later married Irma and divorced and then remarried.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Nicolo Mangiere died of bronchial pneumonia in June 1915 and is buried at Calvary Cemetery in Queens. It is believed Michelina died in 1938 and is buried there as well. Am working on getting the records from Calvary since I have verified they are buried there.
<BR>
<BR>I have found lots of info but need more esp. on the ancestry. My grandmother has given me lots of info but it\'s hard to track other descendants because some relatives changed their names to Mangeri and Mangieri.
<BR>
<BR>Any information would help. :-D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since I direct people to sources of information just what are the specific objectivesd you want to achieve. Just what information do you want? Peter
JessicaLyn

Post by JessicaLyn »

I suppose I posted more info than necessary but I was in a hurry and copied/pasted what I had.
<BR>
<BR>I\'d like to know more about the origins of the Mangiere family in Italy. I don\'t know where Nicolo came from. Also I\'d like to track down the Fasano family in Italy too.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 with NARA for entry information on your two subjects from Italy which mayprovide vital data. Peter