Iozzi Surname Search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
white244

Iozzi Surname Search

Post by white244 »

I am looking for a ancestors of Elizabetta Iozzi Cariglina. She was born 8-7-1920 in Cariati, Cosenza, Italy. the information I have on her parents is limited but I have her father being Cataldo Iozzi, born about 1894 in Cariati, Cosenza, Italy, and married 1919 in Cariati to Laura Cariglina who was born about 1898 also in Cariati, Cosenza, Italy. I have no more information past that!! Elizabetta is my wife's grandmother (nona). If anyone has any information that maybe pertinent please contact me! Thank you soo much in advance.

David White
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Iozzi Surname Search

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi again,

As stated in my reply to your other post, the vital records for Catiati are to 1910, so you will have to write for Elizabetta's birth act.

Here is the address.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Cariati
87062 Cariati (CS )
ITALY

Letter should be in Italian & include a self addressed return envelope, a copy of your photo ID, & an international reply coupon (obtain from your local post office).

Here is a link to a Italian form letter for the request.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Hope this helps.

jcsm :)
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Are you looking for info/ancestors here or in Italy??
Have you placed the family on any records, manifest, census, ect.,..........lots of help here, just need more specific direction from you.
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Not sure if this would interest you, but there are only five persons with surname in town of origin...........write a letter to them using the link for a potential relative............

La ricerca di Iozzi nel comune di Cariati ha trovato 5 utenti

Iozzi Francesco
87062 Cariati (CS) - Via Garibaldi, 17

Iozzi Francesco
87062 Cariati (CS) - Via Giacomo Leopardi

Iozzi Leonardo
87062 Cariati (CS) - Via Bari, 21

Iozzi Lucia Elisabetta Alimentari Sali Tabacchi
87062 Cariati (CS) - Via XX Settembre

Iozzi Vincenzo
87062 Cariati (CS) - Largo Plebiscito, 10

http://italiangenealogy.atspace.com/Dav ... #relatives

wldspirit
white244

Post by white244 »

Hi! I'm back,

I cannot find anything on the internet about the Iozzi surname. No one has anything posted that I can find. I am going to write those that live in Cariati and get the birth records as well. Any other places I can look on the internet without having to go into the real nitty gritty? Thanks!!
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Is it possible that Elizabetta's maiden name is Cariglina? If so, check out this manifest.

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0003

p2http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5 ... &line=0003
white244

Post by white244 »

Looks really good but the dates don't match it seems like. Cataldo Iozzi (Born: about 1894) married Laura Cariglina. My wifes grandmother Elizabetta Iozzi Cariglina was born in Cariati, Italy in 1920 and died in Argentina in 2003. Any thoughts?
white244

Post by white244 »

The more I look at that the more I think that Cataldo Cariglina has to be at least the brother of Laura. Cariati is a very small town and was much smaller then. I am not jumping the gun.. just hoping