Citizenship???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MammaLucca

Citizenship???

Post by MammaLucca »

MY GREAT GRANDFATHER GIONMIONO ANELLO AND HIS FATHER ANTONIO ANELLO CAME TO AMERICA FROM ITALY.. I THINK IN 1903, HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THEY HAD NATIONAL CITIZENSHIP PAPERS??? I THINK THAT IS WHAT I WANT?
ON MY ANCESTRY I CAN FIND SOME OF MY RELATIVES HAVE THEIR PAPERS LIKE IT WOULD SAY THEIR NAME WHERE THEY CAME FROM, WHO THEY WERE MARRIED TOO, THEIR CHILDREN ETC
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Citizenship???

Post by Italysearcher »

First let me tell you that using all uppercase for typing is equal to SHOUTING! Mixed case is much easier to read.

If you are looking for American citizenship papers you will need to search in America. Looking for the ship manifest will also help.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#73
1885 Oct 17th birth record town of Isola della Femmine Palermo street of via Capaci Giovanni Anello son of Antonio Anello age 30 shepherd and his legal wife Antonina Cardinale

PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=487686

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#27
Marriage record 1884 Nov 20 of Antononio Anello age 30 fisherman born town of Isola della Femmine son of Giovanni Anello and Elisabetta Nauia married to Antononia Cardinale born in Caprici age 33 daughter of deceased Simone Cardinale and Rosa Battaglia

PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=487686

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Who you going for italian citzenship from ?
Gionmiono Anello in the 1920 United States Federal Census

View1920 United States Federal Census
View blank form
Add alternate information
Report issue
Name: Gionmiono Anello
[Gionnino Anello]
[Gronmons Anello]
Birth Year: abt 1886
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Pittsburg, Contra Costa, California
Street: York Street
House Number: 516
Residence Date: 1920
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1903
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital status: Married
Spouse's name: Josie Anello
Father's name: Antone Anello
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Native Tongue: Italian
Able to Speak English: no
Industry: Merchant
Employment Field: Own Account
Home Owned or Rented: Owned
Home Free or Mortgaged: Free
Naturalization Status: Alien
Able to Write: No
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Gionmiono Anello 34
Josie Anello 26
Antone Anello 7
Orozio Anello 5
Joe Anello 3
Lina Anello 1
Antone Anello 64
Joe Anello 23

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Email: servizidemografici@comune.isoladellefemmine.pa.it

OGGETTO: richiesta atto di nascita ai sensi dell'art. 107 del DPR 396/2000

Ai fini dell'ottenimento della cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis, io sottoscritta [your name and surname], nata a [your place of birth] il [your date of birth] residente in [place of residence], richiedo cortesemente copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di mio nonno:

Cognome e nome: [surname/name]
Data di nascita: [date of birth]
Luogo di nascita: [place of birth]
Padre: [name of his father]
Madre: [name of his mother]

Data [date] Firma [sign] Photo Id Your Computer info

Marty

Marty
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

Marty,
Referring to your form message in previous reply, how should one list parents, when they are known, for a foundling.

My grandfather was a foundling and later reclaimed by his mother, changing his civil name, Barbarossa, to his mother's surname, Belvedere, in his 20s. His birth father is known now but, there is probably no known formal recognition of him as parent in any way. My great grandmother was in his employ when he conceived my grandfather and sent her to our hometown of Castropignano, where she lived and died.

I'm thinking ahead to things I would like to have formal record of before planning a trip to his birthplace again - this time in part for research purposes and in part to see family.

In the case of my grandfather, he served as mayor for a time of our hometown, and his father's last known place of living was during his time as appellate Judge in the court of L'Aquila from 1904 on some time (his death date is still unknown to me).
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

List just like the birth record info says
Do you have the birth record

MArty

Marty