ANY PRINTING TECHIES OUT THERE???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

ANY PRINTING TECHIES OUT THERE???

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i just picked up a printer,hooked it up,and want to make a copy of a birth record i found on www.antenati@beniculturali.it. its for the birth record of michele ricca(no.18) in the small comune of lapio in avellino. march 1896. its the document on the right side of the pabe. i don't want to copy the whole page-just the right side. this is probably a cut and paste deal,which i'm not familiar with. are there any techies out there that are familiar with doing this kind of copying? just want a clean 8.5 x 11 inch print of the document-the right side of the page. my printer is hooked up to my laptop and ready to go. so far i've only used my printer as a xerox copier,and havent printed anything online. i prefer to do it myself,as i may find other documents at this site that i may want to copy. the only other way i can see to get this copy is if someone sent me the document by attachment,formatted to be printed as an 8.5 x 11 inch page and i could copy it from the attachment. confusing. any help most appreciated.
parkergambino
Veteran
Veteran

Re: ANY PRINTING TECHIES OUT THERE???

Post by parkergambino »

MezzoGiorno

It may depend on what kind of laptop you use, as Apple/Mac does some things differently than Windows. Either way, there is a function to capture an image from the screen. In Windows it involves the "PrintScreen" button (usually abbreviated PrtScr or something), in the upper right corner of your keyboard. I know you would hold down the "CTL" (control) button while pressing the print screen button. But somebody more Windows-oriented will need to take you to the next steps, as I'm a Mac man.

So let's see what your platform is, if it's Mac then hopefully I ought to be able to get you through, at least to the creation of an image file.

By the way, and you may already know this, when copying/printing an image from Antenati: when you select your document from the thumbnail index it opens up into the screen. If you then click on the image, it re-formats into a much clearer version of the image. BUT (and this is a nuisance) then you cannot move around in the image, you can only make it larger or smaller. As long as you can select the piece that you want (can do on the Mac) the result is still clearer with this extra click step, even if the doc is shrunk down so that you can see (and select) the entire page.

Parker
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm working with an old hp laptop. hooked up to a canon printer. just bought it on craigslist used.they downloaded the canon drivers for the printer to work online so i'm told. my intention was to use the printer as a simple xerox copier. just black and white copies. bills,documents,etc. now i'm hooked up to my laptopp and trying to make copies from the www.antenati@beniculturali.it site. i found the document i want to copy. but the way the site is formatted its hard to make a copy in 8.5 x 11 inches. i actually made a copy from the page,but 2 problems. first,you have to print the whole page rather than just the side you want to print. thats probably where the cut and paste comes in,which i can't do. second,although i've got plenty of black ink in the cartridge,the copy came out so light its unreadable. no idea why,as i tested the printer and made a simple copy from a document,and it came out fine. so bottom line. i can't make a simple 8.5 x 11 inch clear readable copy from the right side of one page. if its possible,maybe someone could send me an attachment of the formatted page and i could send it to the printer? the image would have to be cut and pasted so it could be sent to my printer and come out as a full size 8.5 x 11 inch page. the entry is for the birth of michele ricca. lapio avellino march 1896. its the right side of the page-like an open book. this might be my only option.
parkergambino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by parkergambino »

send me a private message