Birth Record and in search of Adoption Record?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
victorialovexo

Birth Record and in search of Adoption Record?

Post by victorialovexo »

Hi! I am doing research on my Great Grandfather, Eugenio Telucci.
Born on 25 Oct. 1892
The story I was told growing up was he was left on a doorstep in Sicily and we have no idea who his birth parents were.
Turns out, he was officially born at a hospital in Palermo, sent to a orphanage and there is record of it! (I've attached on this message)
I recently obtained this birth record from someone on another forum! They didn't give me the source from where they got it but he loosely translated the document. According to him it says:
Eugenio Telucci, was born on 25 Oct 1892 as follows: Record #3849, Palermo, 25 Oct 1892. Francesca Lopes (age 70, housewife) delegated by the director of the Palermo Civic Hospital, reports the birth of a Male child, born the same day at 1pm in the Palermo Civic Hospital of a woman that doesn't allow to be named, and to whom the name Eugenio and surname Telucci were imposed. The child was sent to the orphanage.
I was curious is there was any other identifying details in the record and if anyone knows if I could find any records from the orphanage that he was sent to! Anything would be helpful and greatly appreciated!!
I have done the ancestry dna, but its hard to decipher anyone that would be connected to him since he is my Great Grandfather.
I'm looking forward to connecting more of the dots! Thank you in advance, I'm excited to see what you guys have to say! Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth Record and in search of Adoption Record?

Post by Primo Mattino »

You could call the Archivio Diocesano di Palermo http://www.asdpa.arcidiocesi.palermo.it ... zione.html and ask if they have the archive of the Brefotrofio or know where it is. Here in Italy the archives of institutions that no longer exist are handled very carelessly. In Reggio Calabria I happened to find the archive of the Brefotrofio in the archive of a parish that had nothing to do with it. Unfortunately I cannot help you further.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record and in search of Adoption Record?

Post by Italysearcher »

Women who delivered in the local hospital were usually those who intended to remain anonymous. No name was taken on admittance. The baby was taken from her immediately and as you see from the act, the baby was born at 1pm and his birth declared at the town hall at 2pm. The mother could have been from anywhere in Sicily and have come to Palermo just to deliver her baby out of sight of locals in her home town who may not have known she was pregnant.
There are lots of posts covering this subject on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
Tours, citizenship certificates and ancestral research in Italy
http://angelresearch.net
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505