QUESTION

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

QUESTION

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi everyone,

After trying 3X to get marriage act for great, grandparents, I finally got a marriage certificate! :roll:

My question is.....Should I just resend to the civil office requesting the act or an extract of the act or should I send it to the mayor?

I had also requested all the marriage process papers. Can I get these?

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks,

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: QUESTION

Post by ricbru »

Joyce,
all the requests about civil records can be addressed to the man in charge of civil record office (Ufficiale dello Stato Civile), no to the Mayor.
If you send it to the Mayor, he is going to send it to Ufficiale dello Stato civile. So burocracy become longer
You can also request a photocopy of the marriage preocess papers (pubblicazione di matrimonio)
bye Riccardo
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I won't send it to the mayor....takes long enough (3 months) going directly to the civil records office!

Just don't understand why I got just the marriage certificate when the request was for the marriage act and the publications (photocopies or extracts).

They say perseverance pays off, so will try again & send it to the man in charge!

Joyce
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

You may find marriage application even to the Archivio di Stato.
What town did your ancestors get married?
bye Riccardo
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Sorry, Riccardo. I don't know how i missed your last question, but since I haven't done anything more on this.....The town is San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy.

I'll try the archive.

Thanks,

:) Joyce
agripofi

Post by agripofi »

Hi,
I do genealogy for hobby, and now every year I gather some 25 to 50 people from all over the US, Canada and Australia for the family reunion.

This year's October Reunion in Pofi (Frosinone) with interesting trip to Sicily, Calabria, Amalfi Coast and Naples, please contact me.
Reunion cost special only around 650 Euros all included for 8 days of great fun! (from Oct 6 to Oct 13)
Organizer : Agripofi

Tony
pizzicaroli@aol.com
www.agripofi.it