Origin of Marcuzzi / Record finding

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aj9393

Origin of Marcuzzi / Record finding

Post by aj9393 »

My grandfather was from a German-speaking family in Bohemia in today's Czech Republic. I have a document that states someone in his family was from the Marcuzzi family, but it does not give any detailed information like first names or birth/marriage/death dates. Which region of Italy does the Marcuzzi surname come from? According to some surname distribution maps, the name is mostly found in Friuli and Udine, but I've also found different sources that claim it comes from Venice, Faenza, and Lucca (I'm not sure how reliable these sources are though. They are heraldry websites). My ultimate goal is to find records of people in my family from the Marcuzzi line, but I don't know where to start looking. Some information on from where this name originates would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Origin of Marcuzzi / Record finding

Post by adelfio »

What is your German speaking grandfathers name and his date of birth and where did he live in the US

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

rlw254
Veteran
Veteran

Post by rlw254 »

It has strongest modern localization around Udine and nearby San Giacomo but can also be found around Milan.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

aj9393 wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 20:22
My grandfather was from a German-speaking family in Bohemia in today's Czech Republic. I have a document that states someone in his family was from the Marcuzzi family, but it does not give any detailed information like first names or birth/marriage/death dates.....
Years, at least roughly? Profession?

aj9393

Post by aj9393 »

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse ... h=85042826

I found this residence record of Marie, Fischer Alfred, and Bienert Friederike Marcuzzi in Rumburg, Czech Republic, immediately adjacent to Filipov (Jiříkov) or Philippsdorf in German. Philippsdorf is the town where my Grandfather's grandmother, Anna Wolf, was born on April 6, 1880. I believe the Marcuzzi name comes from her family line. I'm not sure if the people in this record are true relatives, but from the research I've done they are the only Marcuzzi's in the area of my great-great grandmother. Anna Wolf's husband, Theodor Wolf, was born in 1879 in Horní Maršov, or Marschendorf in German in the Czech Republic. I'd really appreciate any help finding a record of where in Italy this line came from.