Parents of Bernardino DiStefano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Salvati_Distafino

Re: Parents of Bernardino DiStefano

Post by Salvati_Distafino »

Marisa6 wrote:Hi

Who was the immigrant - Achille or Bernardino? There is a widower Bernardino on the NY passenger lists born circa 1848, arrived in 1888 from the port of Naples.

Marisa
My Great Grandfather Achille was the immigrant to the US. I'm looking to go back past his his dad Bernardino and mom Maria Falcone.

Thanks!
Salvati_Distafino

nuccia wrote:Nice find Marisa...

I'll link the records for you...I fell asleep all afternoon as is the norm lately..So tired with this new shift..

1930 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Achille Destefano
Name: Achille Destefano
Estimated birth year: abt 1886
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Giovina Destefano
Race: White
Home in 1930: Bronx, Bronx, New York
Family and neighbors: View Results

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2629/imagex1ex.jpg

1920 census for Peter..I can't connect the two families...he's not the same Peter as in the 1930 census. Do you still want me to link it?

Nuccia
Thanks for the link. This is my Great Grandfather. I have been using an Ancestry program and attached this record to each of my relatives. My family site is:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/us ... index.html

I need to go to the Italian records to go back further. My Aunt Josephine has been feeding me the info I have on the Distafano line and she can't go back past Achille's dad, Bernardino. Funny, but "Pete" is actually Bernardino too, named after his Grandfather.

Phil
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Phil

Hopefully researching back into the Italian records should be fairly straightforward. You know your ancestor's place and year of birth. The records for Colledimacine have been filmed by the Mormon Church, so you should be able to order and view them. The records go from 1809-1865 which may pose a difficulty as your ancestor was born after that date. Some of the others will be able to advise you better on that. There are a lot of people here with a great deal of expertise when it comes to these films :D You might need to order Achille's birth papers, or his parents marriage lines from Italy before you can link into the films.

I notice that on your family page you have Tartaglias and Recchias. So have I :D - but quite a long way back. They are from the Comino Valley - to the north of Naples. How far back on those lines are you?

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Salvati_Distafino wrote:
jcsm400 wrote:Another possible manifest...based on immigration date on the 1930 census

Achille Di Stefano
POD:Naples
POA:NY
DOA: 12/24/1919
Ship of Travel: Giuseppe Verdi
age:34 Marital Status: Not sure if it is a "M" or a "W" (think W)
Last Residence: Colledimacine
Nearest relative in Italy: mother, Maria
Going to b-i-l (?) Emidio Rossi in Phila., PA

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 3203040196

jcsm :)
This is my Great Grandfather. His parents were Bernardino DiStefano and Mary Falcone. I'm trying to go back beyond his parents. Any suggestions?

See my post above for writing to the Cumune di Colledimacine & also LDS films. With the films should be able to trace family possibly to the mid-1700's.

Hope it helps. If you have any more questions, just ask.

jcsm :)
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
anthonymfalcone

Post by anthonymfalcone »

The advice offered by fellow posters is right on the mark. LDS microfilmed Colledimacine's records at the Archivo di Stato in Chieti, but at that time, the Archivo was missing the years 1866-1899 (they were at Lanciano's Archivo). Subsequently, they were delivered to Chieti, but only after LDS left. I have obtained the indeces for the missing years, transcribed them, and make them available on my Colledimacine website as a courtesy to all fellow Colledimacinesi.

http://www.geocities.com/colledimacinei ... alogy.html

I hope this helps.
-Anthony
Salvati_Distafino

Tony,

Thanks. I also received a note from Maria Di Coio today on your new adds to your website. Hpe your mom and dad are having a great time in Colledimacine.

Phil
LDistefano

Post by LDistefano »

my Father's family is from Villa Bozza in abruzzo italy my great grandfather's name was allessandro DiStefano born in 1855 he had five sons my grandfather pietro and his four brothers luigi,antonio,domenico and Vincenzo my grandfather immegrated to america around 1913