Need Ideas of where to look

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SKimbrel818
Rookie
Rookie

Need Ideas of where to look

Post by SKimbrel818 »

I am searching for descendants. I have many records for my uncles family in Rocca Canavese. I have birth for all of his siblings Davito Garas, and marriage record for his parents, Michele Davito Gara and Domenica Nepote Brandolin.

Domenicas parents are of particular importance to me because they were entrusted with a Torino foundling in 1868 who later emigrated and came to Alabama and made our family. They were Cristina Perucca who married Luigi Nepote Brandolin of Rocca Canavese. I have death record for Luigi.

I have many many Peruccas on Social media who are willing to search their family and try to help. My question is, Knowing that Luigi Nepote Brandolin was born 1823 in Rocca Canavese and married Cristina Perucca,
How can I find more for Cristina? Is it possible to find their marriage record? Or where should I search for her birth?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Need Ideas of where to look

Post by Italysearcher »

Anything before 1866 will have to come from parish records I believe.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
SKimbrel818
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SKimbrel818 »

Ok and the Parrish records for Torino are on Family Search. So search for their marriage there? She may have been born in Quassolo
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

I gave a look to the catalog of Family Search. It seems they don't have the church registers of Rocca Canavese and those of Quassolo are available at Family Search Centers, not online.
SKimbrel818
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SKimbrel818 »

cedrone wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 18:23 I gave a look to the catalog of Family Search. It seems they don't have the church registers of Rocca Canavese and those of Quassolo are available at Family Search Centers, not online.
Can you send film number or link to list or whatever for what you see of Quassolo thats at Family Center only?
I have someone who can view
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/443070
(try if it works, not sure how to put the link here).
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

OK, it works. Sorry, I did not read correctly, the film of Quassolo is online, from that link you see a description of the source, you should click on the photo machine symbol to see the film.
Births/baptisms are in the first part, then marriages. If Cristina was born in Quassolo, probably also the marriage was there (I'd say around 1847). I also will look and tell you if I find something.