Hello!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mizelle19

Hello!

Post by Mizelle19 »

Hi my name is Elle and I am researching my great grandfather, Nicola Marcello. He was a foundling wheel baby. He was found in the wheel of the Atrani charity on December 13th, 1885. About 6 p.m., bundled in rags, a few hours old. The woman guarding the wheel that night was Carmela Esposito. She writes in his birth notes that she doesn't know the parents or town he was born in.

On his marriage license he lists no parents but does list his town of birth as Atrani. I found his birth notes through Antenati in the Atrani birth register of 1885.

I am hoping to use 23andme to link DNA relatives to him, in order to find out who his real parents may have been. I am also looking to find out who Carmela Esposito was, how many babies she rescued or cared for. I would love to be able to thank her descendants.
joetucciarone
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hello!

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi Elle - you might find it helpful to upload your DNA results to GEDmatch.
rlw254
Elite
Elite

Re: Hello!

Post by rlw254 »

MyHeritage and GEDmatch so far have given me the most useful results when looking for Italian matches. You can upload your kit from 23andme to both sites.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto