Leonardo Stasi More info?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
FrancescoDeBartolo

Leonardo Stasi More info?

Post by FrancescoDeBartolo »

Greetings!

My name is Francesco DeBartolo (Not the 49ers owner), but of the DeBartolo's of Chicago's finest Tailors!

I'm new here but not new to genealogical research! I am looking for anyone who can help me or at least point me in the right direction in my search for information on my mysterious ancestor on my mothers side, Leonardo Stasi.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/615 ... ardo-stasi

This is as far as I have gotten on the matter. We know that this is my ancestor, but we would love to see if any more information could be found? It's been a long held story in our family that we were related to the House of Grimaldi, but I've set out to confirm these stories to see if they were factual or mistaken lore.

I thank anyone in advance for attempting to help me!

Ciao!

Francesco
FrancescoDeBartolo

Re: Leonardo Stasi More info?

Does anyone have any recommendations as to who I can contact for more information on this ancestor? Perhaps in Italy?

Grazie!

Francesco
FrancescoDeBartolo

I should clarify, I'm looking for an affordable genealogist near Trevigno Italy who can help find some parish records for me in the area.
joetucciarone
Veteran
Veteran

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi Francesco - in case you haven't already looked, here's the death record of Caterina Stasi, who's listed as a daughter on the Find-A-Grave site you posted:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

According to the record (N. d' ordine 184), she died on September 13, 1828 in Trivigno, Potenza. Her parents' names are listed as:

Lonardo Stasi
Antonia di Grazia

In 1809, there were at least two Stasi families still in Trivigno; on March 12 of that year, four-year-old Maria Isabella died, daughter of Angelantonio Stasi. And on September 12, 1809, fifty-eight-year-old Donata (Donato?) Stasi died, a child of Domenico Stasi.

I hope someone can help you find more information.

Joe