Looking for info- Righi family from Castel San Giovanni, Piacenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
abarsaa

Looking for info- Righi family from Castel San Giovanni, Piacenza

Post by abarsaa »

Hello all,
New to this forum. I’m tackling a branch of the family tree that has alluded me thus far.
My GGGF, Salvedeo Righi (b. 1886- married to Paola née Abelli) came to the USA for the final time in 1919. Based on Ellis Island records, his contact in Italy was his mother, Maria Francesco, in Castel San Giovanni in Piacenza.

I’m having a lot of trouble finding any information about my family before this point. Other’s family trees have his parents as Giovanni Righi and Maria née Frusca, but because of the lack of other information and the name difference for Maria, I don’t even know if this info is correct.

Any suggestions on how to learn more or even start the research? I live in the US so especially looking for online records, but open to contacting places if necessary.

Thank you! :)
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Looking for info- Righi family from Castel San Giovanni, Piacenza

Post by PippoM »

Here are the birth, death, and marriage registers from Castel San Giovanni:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

Unfortunately, they are only viewable at Family History Centers of the Mormon Church, most of which are closed in this time of Covid.
Otherwise, you'll have to try with Archivio di Stato di Piacenza

http://www.archiviodistatopiacenza.beniculturali.it/

or the Comune of Castel San Giovanni (but that would be hard, without precise dates)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.