Germano or Lastrina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Germano or Lastrina

Post by darkerhorse »

Is anyone researching Germano or Lastrina families from Sicily?
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Germano or Lastrina

Post by darkerhorse »

I should mention that I'm looking for information pre-1820.

Lucia Lastrina
The only record she's mentioned in is the 1797 church death record of her son Mauro Pitruzzello at age 50, suggesting Mauro was born c.1747. Mauro's place of death is Melilli, Siracusa, Sicily but his place of birth is not recorded. Lucia's husband is listed as Sebastiano Pitruzzello. Lucia and Sebastiano are deceased at the time of their son's death in 1797.

Lucia Germano
The only record she's mentioned in is the 1818 church death record of her son Mauro Pitruzzello at age 76, suggesting Mauro was born c.1742. Mauro's place of death is Melilli, Siracusa, Sicily but his place of birth is not recorded. Lucia's husband is listed as Sebastiano Pitruzzello. Lucia and Sebastiano are deceased at the time of their son's death in 1818.

These church death records were located in marriage allegati of their children.

Both families seem to be 100% Sicilian, although there is one relative who thinks the family of Lucia Germano and Sebastiano Pitruzzello came to Sicily from Bari on the mainland, timing unknown.

Thoughts?
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Germano or Lastrina

Post by darkerhorse »

There's also a 1747 Riveli record in Melilli for a Sebastiano Pitruzzello (age 25) with wife Crucia, son Antonio (age 5), and Mauro (age 1). This would fit the Mauro (born c.1747) who was the son of Lucia Lastrina but his mother is listed as "Crucia" not "Lucia".

Mauro's 1797 death record clearly reads "Lucia Lastrina" as that Mauro's mother, and the 1747 Riveli record clearly reads "Crucia" as that Mauro's mother.

I suppose it's possible that they're the same woman, and the name was mis-heard and/or mis-written in one of the two documents.

By the way I've found no blood relation between the two families: Pitruzzello-Germano and Pitruzzello-Lastrina.