SAVERIO ROZZA; Camposano Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
grs111z

SAVERIO ROZZA; Camposano Italy

Post by grs111z »

I'm looking for information about Saverio Rozza, born 1884 (June 16 or June 22). His family was from Camposano. He emigrated to the US in 1901, I am hoping to find the identity of his parents and other ancestors. Thank you for any information.

Greg Smith
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: SAVERIO ROZZA; Camposano Italy

Post by Italysearcher »

The only on line records for Camposano only go to 1865 so you will need to write to the town for the birth record and the marriage of his parents. By then you should be at the on lie records at antenati.
Ann Tatangelo
Tours, citizenship certificates and ancestral research in Italy
http://angelresearch.net
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505
grs111z

Post by grs111z »

Thank you so much for the reply! I really appreciate it. Grazie mille!
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

There's a May 1901 immigration booking from Campasano for Domenico Rozza joining his brother, Saverio Rozza joining his father, and Francesco Rozza joining his brother on Mulberry St. in NY (Little Italy). All three entries are crossed out so they didn't board.

There's a June 1901 immigration record from Campasano for Saverio Rozza joining nobody and Francesco Rozza joining nobody in NYC.

There are other records for Francesco and his wife Celeste.

Might be worth pursuing.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Severio is age 16 so that's consistent with the birth date you have. I think the others are in their 20s. Maybe they were cousins.