Trying To Find More Information On Nick Gentile My Great-Grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Trying To Find More Information On Nick Gentile My Great-Grandfather

Post by MAC7 »

Hi,

My great-grandfather’s name was Nick Gentile. In 1933, in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, he had my grandmother, Nicolina Gentile, with my great-grandmother Josephine Gugliotta. Besides the fuzzy photo and birth record I will attach below, I have no other information. I’m posting to see if anyone will recognize him and if they can give me any information about who he was.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Trying To Find More Information On Nick Gentile My Great-Grandfather

Post by suanj »

But Nick Gentile was married to Josephine Gugliotta?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

to find something by the picture is a problem...needs of more details.. to know if the Nicolina parents was married or no, or the occupation of Nick Gentile, if he was born in USA from italian parents or he was born in Italy...
and any helpful infos...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In Cleveland:
1-A Nicholas Gentile born on 1886 ( sometimes stated 20 feb and sometimes 20 jul) married to Nunzia, well he was born in Pescasseroli, Abruzzo, IT his signature here let me think that was no much able in the writing, instead by the words on the picture seeming a man with a bit more fluent handwriting https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... AQPZF-D7Z9

2-Another Nick Gentile was born on 1902 in Italy, but by his signature the " n" is made rightly as a "n" instead on the picture the man making the "n" like a "u" so I believe that could be no the right person https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AK8HM-72L

3-Another Nicholas J Gentile in Cleveland on 1930 census was born on 18 lug 1893 Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, USA and he was the son of Giacomo Gentile and Frances Mercurio... and died on 1951. and his occupation was the Highway department.. I found a picture that seeming of this 3th .. But I am unsure because I don't have access of deluxe account so just I see that he had this name and was in Cleveland.. I believe he is the 3th because have a J given name also, the others not.. and to see the picture and the comparison

https://i.postimg.cc/qMchpFHb/gentile-micro.png
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

Thank you suanj! He did not marry Josephine. All I know is that my 4th cousin dna match’s great-grand aunt Giovannina Zarbo b. 1868 was married to Antonino Gentile b. 1864. I think my great-grandfather might be the Nick Gentile b. 1885 d.1966. Antonino Gentile was his cousin which would explain how my match and I are related.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

This particular Nick Gentile was in Cleveland in the 1930’s and I think he and my great-grandmother had a little fling which produced my grandmother. All I have are my dna matches to a few Zarbos. I have contacted other dna matches with Gentile’s in their trees but they have not gotten back to me.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

I believe Nick married Angelica Coppello in 1910 and his parents were Antonino Gentile b. 1842 and Maria Zarbo b.?
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

I think Maria Zarbo could possibly be related to the Giovannina Zarbo that married Antonino but I can’t find Maria’s birth or marriage records.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

Suanj, I’m sorry I did not see your questions sooner. I usually get notifications when new comments are added to my posts but I haven’t been getting them.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

And he was born in Italy. In one of my other posts two people found several records about Giovannina Zarbo and Antonino Gentile. I got information on Nick’s father Antonino Gentile as well as Nick’s wife Angelica. But I’m still missing info. on Nick’s mother Maria Zarbo, specifically her birth and marriage records. I’m guessing she was born in 1853 or 1854 but I’m not sure. Plus I’m still not sure that he actually is my great-grandfather even though I am related to the Gentiles and the Zarbos.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

Also one of his naturalization documents from 1931 that has his information, Angelica’s and their children’s information. It says he was residing in Cleveland, Ohio at the time. And my grandmother was born 2 years later in 1933. I’ll try to attach a copy, hopefully it’s legible enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAC7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MAC7 »

My grandmother was named Nicolina Gentile after her father. I’d just like to know who he was. My dna matches and what I have found points me in this Nick Gentile’s direction but it’s not enough.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Nicolò Gentile by marriage bann in Realmonte, Agrigento, It on 22 Jan 1910

Nicolò GENTILE 24 old, industrious, born and resident in Siculiana, son of late Antonino, carter resident in his life in Siculiana, and son of Maria Zarbo, housewife, resident in Siculiana wish to marry at Mariangelica CAPPELLO 15 old,
born and resident in Realmonte, daughter of Gerlando Cappello 46 old, trader and daughter of Concetta Zicari (spell?).. Gerlando Cappello gives marriage consent
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The first daughter was born in Realmonte on 4 Apr 1911: Maria Gentile... Nicolò at this time was a trader/sailor
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
you can descover more by his biography https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Gentile
best regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »