Surname Caivano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Surname Caivano

Post by scorpione »

Although I have traced my grandfather's family to the early 1800's I seem to be coming to an end of their presence in Formicola and Pontelatone(CE). I have not checked parish records ,but I am guessing they came from somewhere else before coming to Formicola or Pontelatone. I have found a small hamlet called Caivano in the Province of Potenza and a surprisingly large numbers of Caivano's in the towns of Salerno and Potenza . Does anybody know if these Caivano's had relatives who left for Pontelatone etc? Also I would love to hear from anybody who is or knows a Caivano as we may be related. Caivano is such an uncommon name that I guess most Caivano's are somewhere related.Thanks.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname Caivano

Post by jcsm400 »

Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scorpione »

I am sorry I was not clearer. I am looking for any Caivano's who are still living in Italy ,especially in and around Picerno, Salerno and Potenza province. I know and have found my main branch of relatives in Pontelatone and Formicola but think that my relatives before coming to Pontelatone and Formicola may have come from around Ruoti (hamlet of Caivano) in Province of Potenza. I have seen many listings for those Italian names in that area as well as Salerno etc. Thanks.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

First link is those living in Italy!
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scorpione »

Thanks,jcsm. In my usual rush I failed to look at the first entry.As usual, you are way ahead of me. Thanks again. scorpione
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Welcome!

jcsm