Help with translation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
comescrap
Rookie
Rookie

Help with translation

Post by comescrap »

Hello,

I am looking to see if someone can help me with the translation for the birth certificate of Anna Felicia Tabasso (right side). Thanks in advance.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Theresa Muschiatti
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with translation

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi Theresa - The birth took place in the (then) Province of the Molise and the record is dated May 6, 1862, at the fifteenth hour, in Sant' Elia a Piasini. The name of the town's mayor, Baldassarre(?) Colavita(?) appears at the top of the record. A midwife, Angelantonia Ciricelli (her surname is hard to read), announced the birth of Anna Felicia Tabasso. The child's parents are Maria (surname hard to read) and Stanislao Tabasso. I can't decipher his profession.

Matteo Spinelli and Michelangelo (?), both farmers, attended the presentation, probably as witnesses.

There are more details, but they're very hard to read...
parkergambino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by parkergambino »

Suggestions:

mother = Maria Biunno

profession = Muratore (mason, bricklayer)

Helpful trick for improving legibility of Antenati records:

1. First determine the numbered tile you wish to view
2. From the index portal - showing all of the numbered tiles, RIGHT CLICK on the number you wish to view
3. When that record appears in full view (in a new tab), scroll into the record and RIGHT CLICK it again.
4. This will open yet another tab with the same image with better resolution, can be enlarged etc.. The symbol on your tab bar across the top will look a bit different, and will show "main.php......"

I don't know how widely known this trick is, I stumbled upon it one day.

Parker
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

A few more details, in red
joetucciarone wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 17:36 Hi Theresa - The birth took place in the (then) Province of the Molise and the record is dated May 6, 1862, at the fifteenth (record is at the fifteenth but the birth is at the thirteenth) hour, in Sant' Elia a Piasini. The name of the town's mayor, Baldassarre Colavita appears at the top of the record. A midwife, Angelantonia Ciricelli (her surname is hard to read), announced the birth of Anna Felicia Tabasso. The child's parents are Maria Biunno, age 37, domiciled in Sant'Elia and Stanislao Tabasso, age 38, bricklayer/builder, domiciled here. The child was born in Stanislao's home.

Matteo Spinelli and Michelangelo Testa, both farmers, attended the presentation, probably as witnesses yes.

There are more details, but they're very hard to read..Says at the bottom that only the comune official signed because the declarant and witnesses did not know how to write. At the right that she was baptized on May 6.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
comescrap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by comescrap »

Thank you everyone.
@Parkergambino ......I'm not sure I understand the process you are referring to.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

bbivona wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 20:33 A few more details, in red
joetucciarone wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 17:36 Hi Theresa - The birth took place in the (then) Province of the Molise and the record is dated May 6, 1862, at the fifteenth (record is at the fifteenth but the birth is at the thirteenth) hour, in Sant' Elia a Piasini. The name of the town's mayor, Baldassarre Colavita appears at the top of the record. A midwife, Angelantonia Ciricilli (her surname is hard to read), announced the birth of Anna Felicia Tabasso. The child's parents are Maria Biunno, age 37, domiciled in Sant'Elia and Stanislao Tabasso, age 38, bricklayer/builder, domiciled here. The child was born in Stanislao's home.

Matteo Spinelli and Michelangelo Testa, both farmers, attended the presentation, probably as witnesses yes.

There are more details, but they're very hard to read..Says at the bottom that only the comune official signed because the declarant and witnesses did not know how to write. At the right that she was baptized on May 7.

I believe the midwife's surname to be Ciricillo, a name found in the town, but in the record has been written Ciricilli (it was probably often written either way.). The Baptism took place on 7 May ("nel giorno sette").

Angela