Find Birth Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Find Birth Record

Post by rp76226 »

My grandmother, Mariantonia Fariello, was born February 7, 1903 in Carpinone, Isernia. Their birth records end at 1899. Can someone find a birth or baptismal record for her? Parents are Rocco Fariello and Filomena Scarola.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Find Birth Record

Post by Italysearcher »

Why not write to the town?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I did but nothing found. Not sure if records are lost as the public ones end in 1899. I'm thinking that maybe a church record is the only route. Her US death record gives the place as Carpinone. Her parents also had children in Grumo Appula and Pisciotto as well as Carpinone where their previous child was born. but nothing found in any of those places for my grandmother. I've wondered why her parents moved so often.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

rp76226 wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 13:40 I did but nothing found. Not sure if records are lost as the public ones end in 1899. I'm thinking that maybe a church record is the only route. Her US death record gives the place as Carpinone. Her parents also had children in Grumo Appula and Pisciotto as well as Carpinone where their previous child was born. but nothing found in any of those places for my grandmother. I've wondered why her parents moved so often.
Do you know what type of work your great-grandfather did..? That could be a clue to why they kept relocating. If, say, he was a stone mason or bricklayer and had to live in different towns where construction projects were ongoing, or even "tenant farmers" who had to relocate if the land was sold or developed.

Could be lots of reasons...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

He was a shoemaker.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

rp76226 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 02:42 He was a shoemaker.
Certainly something he could do anywhere. Have you checked for any possible notary records..?
Mark

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I wouldn't know how to begin to do that.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

rp76226 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 02:56 I wouldn't know how to begin to do that.
Could be hard to find, and they usually have to be searched in person. Usually there was a central notary which covered multiple local towns. Business deals, home & land sales, dowries, wills, etc were generally done by the local notary. Sometimes births & deaths were recorded as well.

That was why I suggested it since the civil records there don't go past 1899. Just another avenue to pursue, but you'll probably need someone in that area look for you. Same with parish records...
Mark