Finding italian comune - Provincia di Cosenza - Garofalo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lume198300

Finding italian comune - Provincia di Cosenza - Garofalo

Post by Lume198300 »

Hello everyone.
It's been a while since I started looking for information to find the birth certificate of my great grandfather. He was my mum's grandfather and was born in Cosenza, Calabria, Italy by 1886. We know he married here in Buenos Aires in 1909 and have the document but doesn't say in which city he was born and he came by ship from Italy. We can't find the comune where he came from. His parents were Rachele Tucci and Anibal Garofalo and her sister was Antonia Garofalo. They all came together to Buenos Aires. He got married with Carmen Mancini but she was from another province. I can't find information on the ships and I only got around 50-60 answers from comunes in Cosenza but they are more than 150 :(
I was wondering if maybe some had some information on this topic or can give me a piece of advice on how to look for this info.

Thank you all very much.

Melina
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Finding italian comune - Provincia di Cosenza - Garofalo

Post by suanj »

but your ancestor .. his first name.. the father Annibale Garofalo and the mother Rachele Tucci, the sister antonia Garofalo, but he--- the name?
suanj
The envious is like the cuckoo. Try to appropriate the merits of others. He never starts a difficult search, having no skills, but puts his egg in other's nest.

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

found the marriage:
Raquel Tucci
mentioned in the record of Santos Garofalo and Carmen Mancini

Name: Raquel Tucci
Sex: Female
Husband: Anibal Garofalo
Son: Santos Garofalo
Other information in the record of Santos Garofalo and Carmen Mancini
from Argentina, Capital Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1737-1977

Name:
Santos Garofalo

Sex:
Male
Father's Name:
Anibal Garofalo

Mother's Name:
Raquel Tucci

Marriage Date:
03 Jul 1909

Marriage Place:
Nuestra Señora de Balvanera, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Capital Federal, Argentina

Birth Year (Estimated):
Spouse's Name:
Carmen Mancini
Spouse's Sex:
Female
Spouse's Age:
Spouse's Age:
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated):
Spouse's Father's Name:
Felix Mancini
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Teresa Emmanuele
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1974184
The envious is like the cuckoo. Try to appropriate the merits of others. He never starts a difficult search, having no skills, but puts his egg in other's nest.

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Ann Tatangelo
Tours, citizenship certificates and ancestral research in Italy
http://angelresearch.net
Mon-Fri. 12 noon EST 5 minute videos - Letters to the Bishop - Scandals, etc.
Lume198300

Post by Lume198300 »

suanj wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 10:43 but your ancestor .. his first name.. the father Annibale Garofalo and the mother Rachele Tucci, the sister antonia Garofalo, but he--- the name?
suanj
Helli Suanj. His name was Santo Garofalo and he got married with Carmen Mancini. Thanks for sending me the info you found, I knew this file from Family Search. The biggest problem I have is that I can't find the comune where he was born. I only know he was born in Cosenza Province but I don't have a comune. I'm trying to get in touch with all of them because from all the data I have (that's not much) I can't tell in which city exactly he was born.
cedrone
Elite
Elite

Post by cedrone »

Have you looked at the baptism acts of all the children?
And to all the acts of the Registro Civile, particularly the death act? It should show the place of birth (if it was known).
Sometimes a copy of the death act was also sent to the comune of origin.

You may also ask what can be found in the archives of the police:

sumariosantecedentes@policiafederal.gov.ar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Lume198300 wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 16:53
suanj wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 10:43 but your ancestor .. his first name.. the father Annibale Garofalo and the mother Rachele Tucci, the sister antonia Garofalo, but he--- the name?
suanj
Helli Suanj. His name was Santo Garofalo and he got married with Carmen Mancini. Thanks for sending me the info you found, I knew this file from Family Search. The biggest problem I have is that I can't find the comune where he was born. I only know he was born in Cosenza Province but I don't have a comune. I'm trying to get in touch with all of them because from all the data I have (that's not much) I can't tell in which city exactly he was born.
The name of his father don't appears in this database... https://www.postercosenza.beniculturali.it/ some Santo Garofale are in but different parents however I believe that maybe he was born in Marzi, or in Parenti or Santo Stefano di Rogliano.. this is the area... but the civil records are no available on line.. so we cannot search..

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH