Migliaccio Family admendment

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RogerMigliaccio

Migliaccio Family admendment

Post by RogerMigliaccio »

Salvatore Migliaccio was married to Mary Christopher NOVEMBER 1905 • Pennsylvania, United States of America
or possible known as Di Cristofaro. From what we can tell her parents were Leonardo Cristofaro or Leonard Christopher 6 NOVEMBER 1867 • Provincia di Trapani, Sicilia, Italy and Mary Cairtof ABT 1883 • Italy
DEATH 14 JAN 1909 • Corry, Erie, Pennsylvania who's father we believe to be Carmino Cairtof. Just some other information to consider when you think you can help. Again we can not find the port or entry or departure for any of the Migliaccio members I mentioned.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Migliaccio Family admendment

Post by PippoM »

Can you tell us Salvatore's and Mary's birth dates?
Yet, there's something I can't understand...if her father was Carmine Cairtof, Cristopher must have been her husband's surname. Instead, you say it was salvatore Migliaccio.
I've found a tree on Ancestry, reporting Mary Christopher, daughter of Carmine Cairtof, wife of Leonard Christopher.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
rlw254
Master
Master

Post by rlw254 »

This is written confusingly but this helps to clear it up: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/642 ... migliaccio

His mother can be found on the 1940 census and this appears to be a manifest for her:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AKXM1-4L6
Elisabetta Leo-Migliaccio coming from Cortale (leaving daughter Maria) and going to Corry, PA, to see husband Salvatore and son Samuel.

I don't think Cortale records for the time you need are currently available.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
RogerMigliaccio

Post by RogerMigliaccio »

To rlw254

thank you for your response. I had seen the find the grave stuff before for others in the family. For some reason I thought I had seen grandpa Migliaccio's (Salvatore) but had not seen his papers for the immigration. Now I have further information to look into. As for Elizebeth the information seems to match to a point. I did not know there was a daughter. I knew of at least two other sons. I just need there names now. Hopefully I will find them. Thank you for your helpl