Penne, Pescara Birth Record?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Labate54

Penne, Pescara Birth Record?

Post by Labate54 »

Hello All,

I've been trying to track down my father side of heritage. I have done my ancestry test, ive had my father do one, and both of my sisters. We have matches but the names of the matches did not come close to what he thought he name was prior to being adopted in 1960 and coming to America. I submitted a Freedom of Information Act request and got access to his Immigration files so now I know what his name was prior to adoption: Maurizio Giuditti, but still not a single Surname match

According to statements/records i obtained from USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) which included immigration and adoption records; my father was born May 2, 1955 in a hospital in Penne, and there were witnesses. Records repeatedly says he was "abandoned" and sent to Istituto Sacro Cuore in Pescara, Pescara, Italy.

If he was born in a hospital, wouldn't there still be some record of who the mother was for the birth?

Is my understanding of this document wrong?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Penne, Pescara Birth Record?

Post by suanj »

This data is not accessible. The mother did NOT give birth in the hospital and did not recognize him at birth, but she gave birth at home and precisely in a house in LARGO SANTA CHIARA (the Largo is a little place). And the midwife was Brigida DI ZIO, who knew the biological mother.
The woman don't wish to be named on the birth record.
The law allowed and allows it, so the child was abandoned, without a father and without a mother and was entrusted to the orphanage for adoption. These births all have a secret dossier, but they are armored dossiers that no one can open. Only, if the child is over 100 years of age and makes a request to the judge to know the mother's name, then it would be possible. Currently, by law, the will of the mother prevails over the rights of the child.
The only possibility is that some matching DNA is found, it has happened sometimes, or if some request for news is found on the internet. Maurizio does not know his mother's name but perhaps the mother knows the name her son had.

However on the Largo Santa Chiara was a women's orphanage, called Orfanotrofio Femminile DE SANTIS DEL BONO in Penne.... but started from 1975 until 1985 ... maybe before there was a boarding school or just a shelter for poor girls, or something like that. But I would bet that Maurizio was born of a young woman, perhaps a nun, because there was the monastery of the Poor Clares right there. I can't say more, but I think it's the right way. An unmarried young woman was his mother, possibly a nun.
https://www.google.it/maps/place/Via+S. ... 13.9226808
Regards,
suanj
The envious is like the cuckoo. Try to appropriate the merits of others. He never starts a difficult search, having no skills, but puts his egg in other's nest.

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
greglam

Post by greglam »

Labate54 wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 20:21 Hello All,

I've been trying to track down my father side of heritage. I have done my ancestry test, ive had my father do one, and both of my sisters. We have matches but the names of the matches did not come close to what he thought he name was prior to being adopted in 1960 and coming to America.
May I ask, on your father's AncestryDNA test, what was the shared cM number of his top two or three highest matches?

My paternal line comes from Penne and Pescara, but they emigrated to America in 1907, but I'm curious as to how close your father's closest matches are.

-Greg
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi - This is the current distribution of the surname Giuditti in Italy:

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... PHV-y1h1qs

It's a very rare surname: there's only one instance each in Rome, Naples and Lecce. The only other instance (the uppermost red dot) appears in or near Chieti, which is just 10 miles from Pescara. Chieti is also about 18-20 miles from Penne. Maybe you have a living relative in or near Chieti?
Labate54

Post by Labate54 »

suanj wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 19:10 This data is not accessible. The mother did NOT give birth in the hospital and did not recognize him at birth, but she gave birth at home and precisely in a house in LARGO SANTA CHIARA (the Largo is a little place). And the midwife was Brigida DI ZIO, who knew the biological mother.

The woman don't wish to be named on the birth record.

The law allowed and allows it, so the child was abandoned, without a father and without a mother and was entrusted to the orphanage for adoption. These births all have a secret dossier, but they are armored dossiers that no one can open. Only, if the child is over 100 years of age and makes a request to the judge to know the mother's name, then it would be possible. Currently, by law, the will of the mother prevails over the rights of the child.
The only possibility is that some matching DNA is found, it has happened sometimes, or if some request for news is found on the internet. Maurizio does not know his mother's name but perhaps the mother knows the name her son had.

Regards,

suanj
Wow, thank you for all of this insight Suanj! I very much appreciate the time you took here. Having someone who can understand the way a language is intended to be read instead of a choppy literal translation from Google is invaluable.
Labate54

Post by Labate54 »

greglam wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 20:16 May I ask, on your father's AncestryDNA test, what was the shared cM number of his top two or three highest matches?

My paternal line comes from Penne and Pescara, but they emigrated to America in 1907, but I'm curious as to how close your father's closest matches are.

-Greg
Hello Greg,

After myself and my sisters the closest matches are:

2nd-3rd Cousin - 251 cM - DelGrippo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 169 cM - DelGrippo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 146 cM - Massimi
2nd-3rd Cousin - 139 cM - Melchiorre
2nd-3rd Cousin - 126 cM - Colandreo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 121 cM - Colandreo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 98 cM - O'Berry
2nd-3rd Cousin - 92 cM - Mascitti
greglam

Post by greglam »

Labate54 wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 23:30
greglam wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 20:16 May I ask, on your father's AncestryDNA test, what was the shared cM number of his top two or three highest matches?

-Greg
Hello Greg,

After myself and my sisters the closest matches are:

2nd-3rd Cousin - 251 cM - DelGrippo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 169 cM - DelGrippo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 146 cM - Massimi
2nd-3rd Cousin - 139 cM - Melchiorre
2nd-3rd Cousin - 126 cM - Colandreo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 121 cM - Colandreo
2nd-3rd Cousin - 98 cM - O'Berry
2nd-3rd Cousin - 92 cM - Mascitti
Thank you for the information.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but, my closest cM match to 251cM, is the daughter of my maternal first cousin, and that is a 247cM match. Her father is my mother's nephew, and her grandfather is my mother's brother. My maternal grandparents are her great-grandparents.

In short, your father's 251cM DelGrippo is most likely the great-grandson/daughter of your dad's maternal or paternal grandparents.

I also have a 168cM match, and she is the granddaughter of one of my paternal great-grandfather's brothers. So, I think her grandfather would be my great-great-uncle.

Like I said, I hope this comparison helps. I think your dad's 251cM match, DelGrippo, if you can establish contact with them, will be the most helpful for you in working backwards, as it is really quite a close connection.

-Greg
Labate54

Post by Labate54 »

Thank you Greg,

I've actually already tried to message both DelGrippo and both Collandreo. Using ancestry records and the Leeds Clustering Method, i have been able to conclude that they were joined by marriage and either are both on my father's Paternal or Maternal side. figuring out which is the tricky part.

I'm hoping I wont need to do Y-DNA testing, but that may be where i need to go to get a paternal surname...

-Drew