Consultation Surname Guaita in Bene Lario / Grandola ed Uniti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fedepinel

Consultation Surname Guaita in Bene Lario / Grandola ed Uniti

Post by fedepinel »

Hi! good afternoon.

I would like to know if someone could help me to find information about my family members because I am looking for information about them in order to make a genealogical tree, the person whose name I am looking for is Carlo Guaita, born in Como, Bene Lario in 1829, and his marriage was around 1850 with Giovanna Piatti, of course any information is more than welcome, Thank you very much
cedrone
Elite
Elite

Re: Consultation Surname Guaita in Bene Lario / Grandola ed Uniti

Post by cedrone »

Before 1866 registers were taken by the parish also for civil effects. You should ask to the Parrocchia of Bene Lario.
cedrone
Elite
Elite

Post by cedrone »

I did not find an e-mail address of the parish.
fedepinel

Post by fedepinel »

Yes! I previously contacted the municipality and they told me that this information should be in the parish of the town next to Bene Lario which is Grandola ed Uniti, so I contacted the parish priest but he told me that I should ask for this information to the diocese, which I contacted a few months ago and I still have no answer, Thank you.
cedrone
Elite
Elite

Post by cedrone »

http://iclesia.com/churches/comunita-pa ... aggio/info

Yes, the parishes of 3 comuni were joined together, I think there is a single priest and the registers may have been moved all together in Grandola, but a search and certificate should be made by the priest, the diocese does not have a copy of the registers, perhaps the diocese sent your request to the priest.
Then if you need a certificate for request of citizenship the priest will send it to the diocese for a legalization, if you need only info for genealogy of your family, it may be enough a reply of the priest with a photo of the record you need. It depends from the priest.Other people have obtained replies from parishes of this area.
fedepinel

Post by fedepinel »

Thank you very much! Some time ago I was able to communicate with the priest who told me that this request should be made to the diocese of Como, which I have already done and I am still waiting for an answer, however, after making the request I just have to wait, thank you very much!