Busa Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EMBUSA

Busa Family

Post by EMBUSA »

Hello,
I am searching for information about the Busa family. My grandfather was Giuseppe Busa who came to Boston from Santo Stefano di Briga outside of Messina, Sicily....in about 1905. He traveled on the SS Canopic.

I believe my grandfather traveled with cousins, nephews or brothers to this country. There are many Busa familys and I am trying to piece together the early history of the name in the USA. Any cousins out there????

Liz
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Busa Family

Post by cerg »

Hello,

I have done a quick search for you. I will continue to search and if you have any other information that you think may be helpful let me know.If you PM me your email address I will send it to you.It is a copy of the manifest from the Canopic. I have not fiqured out how to link the image to my message, sorry.

Regards,
Kristina
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hello Liz,

I think I might have here is a link to the page Giuseppe is on line 8, let me know if it works! If it doesn't work following what I said in my previous post.

Kristina
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Liz and Cristina,

The information Kristina found is from ancestry. com Boston Arrivals. I'm going to link it so its easier to view.

Don't worry too much about linking...imageshack is challenging! :D Until you figure it out of course and then you just hate it! :lol: :lol:

Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943 Recordinfo
about Giuseppe Busa
Name: Giuseppe Busa
Arrival Date: 10 Dec 1920
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1896
Ethnic Background: Italian
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Canopic
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Antonino Busa
Last Residence: Italy
Microfilm Roll Number: 257

Giuseppe Busa

Page 2

The date of arrival is off though...and this Giuseppe lists mother as closest relative living in Puchino. Can you provide feed back..maybe year of birth and parents names?

Nuccia
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Does the year of birth for this Joseph sound correct? Living in Boston on Washington St...Profession..Shoemaker. Trying to piece the family to find the info you seek.

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Record
about Joseph Busa
Name: Joseph Busa
City: Boston
County: Suffolk
State: Massachusetts
Birth Date: Apr 9 1876
Race: White
Roll: 1685006
DraftBoard: 15

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7621/imagexhp0.jpg

Wish they had listed wifes name...!

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

This could be the Giuseppe you want..

Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943 Recordinfo
about Guiseppe Busa
Name: Guiseppe Busa
Arrival Date: 19 Feb 1907
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1877
Ethnic Background: Italian (South)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Canopic
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Guiseppe Cannata
Last Residence: Italy
Microfilm Roll Number: 103

Imageshack is acting up but after 4 attempts I was able to upload the image for you

Giuseppe Manifest

I'm afraid it doesn't say much about his family though..Will keep looking.

You may also want to PM member Riccardo..he lives in Sicily and may be able to provide some good info for you.

Nuccia :D
ilpadroni

Post by ilpadroni »

My great grandmother was Lavina Busa, born about 1837 in Santo Stefano di Briga. She married Bartolino Parisi who was born about 1833, also in Santo Stefano di Briga. My research to-date indicates that later generations immigrated to Boston between 1886 and 1910. I'm tying down the loose ends to document the connection to my family tree. The probability that Guiseppe Busa and Lavina Busa are related is good as Santo Stefano Di Briga isn't exactly a metropolis. Other surnames I have that originate from Santo Stefano di Briga include Bombaci, Parisi, Oliveri, Magazzu, Mangano, Bella, DeStefano, DiCara, Ferranti, plus a few more. Are any of these familiar to you? We might have overlapping research we can share.

Charlie
waynebusa

Post by waynebusa »

Hi Liz, I believe your are related to my Family, Go to this facebook page of The Busa Family from Santo Stefano
https://www.facebook.com/groups/889507114393376 please connect with Dennis Busa my Uncle. Dennis has done a tremendous amount of family origin on the Busa Family. I believe the Antonio you reference may have been my Great Uncle. My Grandfather and his brothers all came to the USA in the early 1900's. All of our ancestry information is on TribalPages Newsletter <newsletter@tribalpages.com> There you will find a lot of information on the different Busa Families.

Wayne Busa
wbusa@aol.com