Puccio Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jessicapuccio

Puccio Surname

Post by jessicapuccio »

I am trying to find information about my father\'s side of the family. Since my parents are divorced it is quite difficult. I do however know that my father\'s adopted father (his birth father died) is Antonio PUCCIO and his parents were Josephina and Joseph Puccio. I have no maiden last name for Josephina and no birthdates as of yet. If anyone may be a part of the PUCCIO family tree in NEW JERSEY I would appreciate any help. I am trying to ask distant aunts and grandparents but noone seems to remember anything any more...or they just aren\'t telling me??
ptimber
Master
Master

Puccio Surname

Post by ptimber »

who came from Italy in your Puccio family..your adopted father, his father??? who? Peter
jessicapuccio

Puccio Surname

Post by jessicapuccio »

I am under the assumption that my great-grandfather Joseph Puccio came from Italy but according to Ellis Island.org there is one Joseph Puccio coming into NY from South America...I do not know Joseph Puccio\'s parents names or the town where they may have come. I believe that my father\'s birth father was Angelo Bracchi and his father is of the same name but again I am not sure if either were born in America or back in Italy.
ptimber
Master
Master

Puccio Surname

Post by ptimber »

what is it that you wantg to know about your family that genealogy can answer??? Peter
jessicapuccio

Puccio Surname

Post by jessicapuccio »

I posted the original message looking to see if any relatives might be using this web page as well and could answer questions that I can\'t seem to do from the resources that I have. I would like to know the towns where my family came from, if their parents had any siblings, which year they were married etc. Once I have this information I know web pages and also a way to contact the archives of the town to retrieve further information. Antonio Puccio (who\'s father was Joseph Puccio and mother Josephina) had 8 siblings...Frank, James, Annie, Angelina, Sadie, John, Michael, Lucy. For now that is the extent of my knowledge. :-) Jessica
ptimber
Master
Master

Puccio Surname

Post by ptimber »

There are 88 Giuseppe Puccio in the ellis island records and there are 4 who immigrated rom Italy to Argentina and one of those four must have been the one thatcame from south america. So what number of the 88 is he??????Peter
jessicapuccio

Puccio Surname

Post by jessicapuccio »

I appreciate your help. I didn\'t think to try Guiseppe as the first name. However when I checked the ellis island records the Joseph Puccio that came from South America was already a US citizen. He couldn\'t have been one of the 88 from Italy. I am waiting on informatio from my father\'s mother...hopefully I can find more exact names and dates soon. Thanks again. Jessica
ptimber
Master
Master

Puccio Surname

Post by ptimber »

So glad you will remember to use italian names. it will save hours of work for something so benign. Good Luck. Peter
agrigentosicula

Re: Puccio Surname

Post by agrigentosicula »

jessicapuccio wrote:I posted the original message looking to see if any relatives might be using this web page as well and could answer questions that I can\'t seem to do from the resources that I have. I would like to know the towns where my family came from, if their parents had any siblings, which year they were married etc. Once I have this information I know web pages and also a way to contact the archives of the town to retrieve further information. Antonio Puccio (who\'s father was Joseph Puccio and mother Josephina) had 8 siblings...Frank, James, Annie, Angelina, Sadie, John, Michael, Lucy. For now that is the extent of my knowledge. :-) Jessica
Hello Jessica! I may actually be of some help to you, believe it or not!

My family has MANY Puccio's. We live in New York, which is quite close to New Jersey. I have many cousins with the last name Puccio whose blood originates in Palermo, Sicily.

Maybe we should talk in e-mail?