pacelli from dragoni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: pacelli from dragoni

Post by dragoni »

while i am waiting for some records to arrive via mail i was curious whether anyone is aware whether there may be a record for pennsylvania railroad emplyee that can be searched. thanks.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

still no luck with the naturalization papers which were not on file in gloucester county for mr. pacelli. he identified in the 1910 census (gloucester county, nj) that he was naturalized in 1902. but i don't know where he was in 1902. given the date of his second trip to the us (1900) he would not be in the 1900 census but would have been here for the 1890 census. are there records for the 1890 census? he would have been single at the time. i still can't verify his port of entry in the first trip (1886 or 1888) or where he may have been prior to 1910. there are a few candidates from the castle garden information but no for sure matches for his first trip. and without the naturalization papers i have a 24 year gap in his location(s). any suggestions from anyone on other avenues to explore would be appreciated.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm repeating here, but found this manifest.

Name: A Pacelli
Arrival Date: 28 Mar 1891
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1868
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Destination: New York
Place of Origin: Italy
Ship Name: Trinacria
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 29
Microfilm Serial: M237
Microfilm Roll: 564
List Number: 388
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States

Also, the 1890 census was destroyed in a fire. There are only fragments left.

Here is another possible Antonio.

Name: Antonio Pacelli
Naturalization Date: 14 Apr 1897
Former Nationality: Italian
Birth Date: 16 Jul 1872
Arrival Date: 17 Sep 1889
Title and Location of Court: U S District Court, Brooklyn, NY
Volume: 9
Record Number: 259

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

thank you for the information. i am keeping a list of all close calls hoping to gain information form another source to select the winner. if i could just find the naturalization records...
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

dragoni wrote:still no luck with the naturalization papers which were not on file in gloucester county for mr. pacelli. he identified in the 1910 census (gloucester county, nj) that he was naturalized in 1902. but i don't know where he was in 1902.
Hi again,

If he was in New Jersey, you can try three things for his naturalization records.

You can try the NJ State Archives
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links/archives.html

Series: Gloucester County
Court of Common Pleas
Naturalization Records, 1808-1932 and Index, 1896-1906
Control #: CGLCP002
Format: 8 reels (35-mm)
Arrangement: Roughly chronological

Notes: Post 1906 bound volumes each include an index. There is no index to records dating before 1896.

NARA of MidAtlantic Region holds New Jersey's Naturalization Records
http://www.archives.gov/northeast/nyc/index.html

Or the Gloucester Coutny Clerk's Office for records.

Gloucester County
Court House
Woodbury, NJ 08096
609-853-3390

I hope some of this helps.
Trish
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

thank you for the tips. i contacted the gloucester county folks and interestingly enough their historical society does the research and did not find him. i am going to try camden county which is the location of the birth of his first child in 1902 coincident with his 1910 census stated naturalization date. hopefully they have some records and can find him. i also need to find time to visit new jersey state archives as you suggested.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

while i'm not sure there would be any new information available from a later census, could someone post the 1930 census for the priscilla family from new castle, lawrence county, pennsylvania for me? maybe the dates would help narrow the naturalization year search. thanks in advance to all of you who have helped with so much of your time.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

ancestry.com has quite a few priscaro's
in New Castle in 1930
Do you have any names or birth dates, etc
May help narrow down the possibilities...
vj
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

the probable name is tony priscilla age 62 or 63 (originally antonio pacelli) as was shown on the 1920 census for new castle, lawrence county, pa. wife mary (maria) age 54 or 55, children mildred age 28, michael age 26, virginia, teresa, rosa. by 1930 a few children may have flown the coop. thanks.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

i may have found another "clue" to help in my research for my ggf antonio pacelli (listed in census as priscilla). my sister has advised that she remembers that a john may have lived with my ggf for some time. i was able to locate that the 1920 census for gloucester new jersey (no township listed) identifies a john priscilla (b 1867) in their records. i cannot access ancestry.com site. my ggf lived in gloucester for a period. if someone could assist with any informaiton on this "clue" that would be appreciated.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

John Priscilla, b 1867
may be living on a farm
1920 census

vj :D
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

thank you so much for your help. hopefully it may lead to other clues or verify some existing ones.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

is there a site where can i locate the names, addresses of churches in dragoni and whether they have records for marriages, etc...? i was hpoing for an alternative source in case the civil records do not have the bmd information.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

today i looked through the civil records for dragoni at the fhc and found the marriage record for my ggf and birth/death records for one son. the writing is difficult to read made even more difficult because i am not fluent in italian. i did save jpeg files of the documents. is there a method to attach these and see if someone could help translate?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

You can upplaod the image it this site, then copy the "direct link," to your post.

http://imageshack.us/

If you have any problems, contact me thru private message.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.