Farina Family, Atina, Frosinone.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bcfcjjw

Farina Family, Atina, Frosinone.

Post by bcfcjjw »

Hi, i am searching for information about my great grandparents who were from Atina in frosinone, They were Giovanni Farina born 1867, and Angelina Bove born 1871, they had a son Marco Pasquale Farina born 26/04/1892 they moved to the uk in 1894, any information or help/tips very much appreciated. Thank you. John.
John Wassall
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Farina Family, Atina, Frosinone.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum!

I assume that you want to trace the famlies in Italy. To do that, you need to know the town of birth for them. You get this information, hopefully, from obtaining UK documentation on them and their family. What records have you obtained?

Please provide information on their chilldren & where in the UK they settled.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
bcfcjjw

Post by bcfcjjw »

They were born in atina, frosinone, the father was giovanni Farina, his father was ludovic, his wife was Angelina Bove, her parents were Joseph and Antonia, There Son Marco Pasquale, All these was born in Atina, Fr, The whole family moved to Birmingham Uk, Where they had 3 more children, Luigi Antonio, Albericco,And Domenica, the only record i have is Marco's birth certificate. Thanks for the reply. John.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

The FHL has microfilmed the Registri dello Stato Civile for Atina for the years 1809-1865. Go to www.familysearch.org, then Library>Family History Library Catalog>Place Search - then type in Atina. Unfortunately, these records predate your information by a few years. Therefore, you will have to contact the Ufficio dello Stato Civile directly for the birth records of your GGPs. I don't know the address of that office, but you can e-mail various municipal officials at the website for the comune, which can be found at http://www.comune.atina.fr.it/

There is also an interesting acticle about the Archives at Atina entitled I tesori dell’Archivio Comunale di Atina by Palma Nardone, which can be found at http://www.cassino2000.com/cdsc/studi/a ... 19p08.html.

I have several families from Atina in one of my databases, including Coppola, Pagano, Fortucci, Tamburrini, and possibly Colucci and Silvano. If you connect with any of these names, please contact me and we can cross-check our data. Good luck!
John Armellino
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

bcfcjjw wrote:Hi, i am searching for information about my great grandparents who were from Atina in frosinone, They were Giovanni Farina born 1867, and Angelina Bove born 1871, they had a son Marco Pasquale Farina born 26/04/1892 they moved to the uk in 1894, any information or help/tips very much appreciated. Thank you. John.
Hello,
I also suggest you to write a request in Italian, to have integral copy of Giovanni, Angelina and Marco Pasquale, where you'll find many informations, to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Volsci
03042 Atina (FR)
Italy

or contact Archivio di Stato di Frosinonefor the same purpose.
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I believe that the the correct street address for the Ufficio Anagrafe, Stato Civile of Atina is Piazza Saturno - Centro Storico, tel. 0776.6009212-214, fax 0776.609191. I think the Piazza Volsci address is for the representative of Atina Inferiore, a frazione of Atina. Go to http://www.comune.atina.fr.it/, then Uffici Comunali: personale ed orari>Anagrafe e Stato Civile. Riccardo, perhaps you could check to see if my understanding is correct.
John Armellino
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

JohnArmellino wrote:I believe that the the correct street address for the Ufficio Anagrafe, Stato Civile of Atina is Piazza Saturno - Centro Storico, tel. 0776.6009212-214, fax 0776.609191. I think the Piazza Volsci address is for the representative of Atina Inferiore, a frazione of Atina. Go to http://www.comune.atina.fr.it/, then Uffici Comunali: personale ed orari>Anagrafe e Stato Civile. Riccardo, perhaps you could check to see if my understanding is correct.
After a little research I can understand that the address of Piazza Volsci is about the main Town hall, to the address of Piazza Saturno there is the General Secretary office and Istitutional services.
But since you send the request to the Comune and then you specify Ufficio di Stato Civile, it first gets the File number and date when it arrives, and after that it goes directly to the man in charge of Vital records office.
You can be sure that it doesn't get lost if you sent it to one of either addresses
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo :lol:

p.s. if someone is having hard time to find the right address of the Ufficio di Stato Civile, remember that when you send the request it always arrives
Just write:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
zip code
town or village
(province)
Italy
bcfcjjw

Post by bcfcjjw »

Thank you for your help. John. :D
John Wassall
dshah

Post by dshah »

Hi, John,
I also emailed you at johnwassall@co.uk.
My mom has seen the orignal picture (the man in uniform)

http://www.anglo-italianfhs.org.uk/docs/wassall1.jpg

she thinks it is albreriicio, her grandfater. We also have another picture of him when he was much younger, but he did fight in Italy in WW2.
feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
Dan
califronia, united states.
jane1961

Post by jane1961 »

Hi John,

Not sure if you will get this, as I note your message was some time ago!

I'm a newbie on this site, looking for Coppolas from Atina. Domenico Coppola, born around 1828, who had at least 2 sons, Guiseppe (born 1872 ish) and Vincenzo (born 1867 ish). I'd be interested in any Coppola data you have. Guiseppe was my husband's gt grandad!

Thanks

Jane
JohnArmellino wrote:The FHL has microfilmed the Registri dello Stato Civile for Atina for the years 1809-1865. Go to www.familysearch.org, then Library>Family History Library Catalog>Place Search - then type in Atina. Unfortunately, these records predate your information by a few years. Therefore, you will have to contact the Ufficio dello Stato Civile directly for the birth records of your GGPs. I don't know the address of that office, but you can e-mail various municipal officials at the website for the comune, which can be found at http://www.comune.atina.fr.it/

There is also an interesting acticle about the Archives at Atina entitled I tesori dell’Archivio Comunale di Atina by Palma Nardone, which can be found at http://www.cassino2000.com/cdsc/studi/a ... 19p08.html.

I have several families from Atina in one of my databases, including Coppola, Pagano, Fortucci, Tamburrini, and possibly Colucci and Silvano. If you connect with any of these names, please contact me and we can cross-check our data. Good luck!
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Since this is an old thread, you may want to repost this information on your own thread so people can respond directly to you. John is a wonderful resource. Why don't you send him a private message so he will be able share his research with you. If you want, someone here can transfer this information to a new post.

Good luck.

Mary Jo
jane1961

Post by jane1961 »

Hi Mary Jo!

Not sure how to post John a private message, or how to start a new thread - a bit green still!!!

Any advice gratefully recieved!

Jane
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Hi Jane

I have one Coppola family in my database. This family is a direct line of my friend Marianna d'Onofrio.

Antonia Coppola (Marianna's 2GGM) was born on 03 SEP 1822 in Colli, Piedimonte, Terra di Lavoro, Regno delle Due Sicilie, the daughter of Giuseppe Coppola and Maria Giuseppa Pagano, both of Atina. She married Pasquale Antonio Morelli of Colli, son of Lonardo Antonio Morelli and Brigida Pitocchelli, on 12 JAN 1840 in Colli.

Giuseppe Coppola was born on 30 MAR 1794 in Atina, Sora, Terra di Lavoro, Regno di Napoli, the son of Francesco Coppola and Maria Angelica Fortucci. He married Maria Giuseppa Pagano about NOV 1816 in Atina. He died on 22 AUG 1847 in Colli.

Francesco Coppola died on 21 JUN 1800 in Atina. He married Maria Angelica Fortucci.

As you can see, this family originated in Atina and later moved to Colli (now Colli a Volturno). It appears that your husband's 2GGF Domenico Coppola was a contemporary of Antonia Coppola.

When my FHC reopens in January, I will look for the birth record of Domenico Coppola (the filmed records end at 1865). Do you have any other information, e.g., Domenico's wife and/or parents?
John Armellino
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

No problem,

At the top of this page you will find a button that says "new topic." Click it and write your message. When you are done, click submit at the bottom of the page.

For a PM go to the left side of page and clik on the tab for private messages search for or type in JohnArmellino. Then you can send him a private message.

Hope this helps.

mary jo
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

See you didn't have to do anything. John came to the rescue!!!!