missing relative

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

missing relative

Post by dragoni »

i am trying to determine whether a relative, angiolantonia gizzi, ever emigrated to the us. she would be the sister of my greatgrandmother, maria apollonia gizzi. all i know is that she was born in gioia sannitica on march 3, 1877, and her father was raffaele gizzi (45 years of age at her birth) and her mother was maria michela landolfo. lore has it she was over here for at least some period of time. i have no other information about her. she does not show up in any other italian civil records for the town where her parents did live, gioia sannitica, as having died, been married or had children for the period 1866-1910.

i tried ellis island and steve morse site but could not locate anyone close. on the chance that she may have lived near my ggf, antonio domenico pacelli, and ggm, maria apollonia gizzi, who were located in monroe township, nj 1910 census and new castle, pa 1920 census. a brother, vincenzo giacchino gizzi, may be in the chatauqua county, ny 1920 census.

sono riconoscente per tutto l'aiuto.

tom
fourlarsons

Re: missing relative

Post by fourlarsons »

Hello Tom,
Do you know where in Italy your family is from? My Grandfathers name was Giuseppe Gizzi from Frosinone Italy. I do not know his mothers name. He was born somewhere around 1908.
ML
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

ml:

my gizzi relatives came from gioia sannitica in caserta. based on my research of italian records i have traced them through 1866. here is the paternal lineage to that point:

pasquale gizzi

vincenzo gizzi

raffaele gizzi born:circa 1845 died: ? father: vincenzo

benedetto martino gizzi born:circa 1844 died: 01/16/1889 father:pasquale mother: luisa fetta wife:margherita massima grande

maria emanuella gizzi born: 05/22/1867 died: 08/17/1869 father: raffaele mother: maria michela landolfo

giacchino vincenzo gizzi born:08/21/1870 died:? father: raffaele
mother: maria michela landolfo wife: angiola maria pacelli

maria apollonia gizzi born: 07/29/1873 died: 9/14/1958
married: 02/12/1899 father: raffaele mother:maria michela landolfo
husband: antonio domenico pacelli

angiolantonia gizzi born:03/03/1877 died:? father: raffaele
mother: maria michela landolfo

i'm not sure where frosinone is located but i will look to see if it close to gioia sannitica. so far i have not come across a giuseppe. if i find any information about him i will let you know.

tom
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esperanza »

Hello both,

Here's a driving map from Frosinone to Gioia

Driving Map

I too have ancestors with the name Gizzi (pronounced Jeets-see) also from the same area but closer to Avezzano... north of Frosinone..

Dragoni,
Can you name the daughters (if she had daughters) of GGM Maria A. Gizzi? I know you are looking for Angiola... but came across a badly transcribed boat record.

Also, wanted to take a look at the 1910 census record you spoke of. Can you tell us how their names are listed?

Also, you can find Gizzi in Carfang's database (great collection of info which helped me years ago)

Carfang Lettopalena - Abruzzi Project

Season's Greetings
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

in the 1910 census they are listed as:

mary pricilli (maria apollina gizzi)(wife)

mellie (carmela) 7 - born about 1903
michael 8 - born about 1904
tillie (virginia) 6 - born about 1906
tressie (teresa) 2 - born about 1908

rosa was born in 1912

if you go to the responses of my original request for information (type in dragoni under search) on page 2 someone posted the link to the 1910 census form and you can see the document first hand.

i will check out the link. thank you.

tom