AIELLO, ALLIO , ALLY , PANTALEO , AFFLITTO, GATTO?? FOR???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MEGAGS

AIELLO, ALLIO , ALLY , PANTALEO , AFFLITTO, GATTO?? FOR???

Post by MEGAGS »

:P Surnames: Aiello, Allio, Ally, Fulvia Afflitto, Gatto NY W.VA. KY NJ
Looking for relatives of Giuseppe Aiello or Joe or Joseph Aiello name in US became Joseph Allio. Relatives in Italy were Vincenzo Aiello, Domenico or Dominic Aiello or other name in US maybe, Francesco Aiello brothers to Joe. Two twin sisters to Joe one may be Rose Aiello or Rosa Aiello, unknown name for other twin. We heard Rosa or the other twin had a boy and a girl twins maybe. Father to the boys Pantaleone Dominco Aiello mother's name Rosa Maria Aiello . Connections may be Vincenzo's wife Fulvia Afflitto, looking at Ellis Island records that may also contain an For_______ name can't make out. Unsure yet if the For name connects down to Giuseppe Aiello who came over through Ellis Island in 1905. Vincenzo came through Ellis Island in 1907 and 1914, he may have came another time too but quit and stayed in Italy. Francesco and Dominic or Domenico Aiello stayed in the US. When coming here they left NY it looks like and all went to Thomas, W.VA. to find work, My grandfather went to SECO Kentucky coal mine. Then on to Fleming to work at the Elkhorn coal mine in 1939. We think Domenico or Dominic Aiello remained in Newark, NJ wife was Mariantonia Gatto. Could we be a connection to your family??? The real family name would be AIELLO FROM REGGIO CALABRIA TOWN OF SERRATA , but lived also in CANTAZARO, BOLOGNA, PARRISSO. (MAYBE MISSPELLED ALSO)
We would like to put the family bloodline back together. We hope you are looking for us as much as we are looking for you. Some of Joe Giuseppe Aiello Allio's children are still alive today one is 94 I believe now. Would like them to know if any others are living. Go to WWW.genealogy.com Aiello of Serrata Italy by Sharon Gaglione . But when looking for family I found out they can Joe became Ollio even though it is an Allio on records, someone miskeyed the information and the record comes up with OLLIO. So look for any listing and do a lot of reading. Good luck looking for both dead or alive. FULVIA AFFLITTO WAS VINCENZO'S WIFE IN ITALY. Carmela Maria Gatto was married to Francesco Aiello.
Please contact me if your family is from Serrata, Italy Aiello's.
Thanks
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: AIELLO, ALLIO , ALLY , PANTALEO , AFFLITTO, GATTO?? FOR?

Post by Michael31 »

www.ellisislandrecords.org
Giuseppe Allio arrived Apr.17,1897

www.paginebianche.it
Cognome: Allio
Dove:RC
Cognome:Afflitto
Dove:RC

Allio is also in Napoli (Naples) or NA
MEGAGS

Post by MEGAGS »

thanks...the real name for Grandpa through Ellis Island is Giuseppe Aiello 1905. He was 18 at the time and from Serrata. This is the only one I found so I know it must truly be him.
There seems to be a picture of a small baby with his parents it says on the back
nipoti Pantaleo Aiello so we think this may also be my great grandfathers name too.
Looking for any relatives live or deceased.
Thanks for the help.
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esperanza »

Hi...

You left out Ajello.... from Serrata... :wink: (there are many from Sicily though.. )

Found a Pantaleone... not sure if he is connected to your Aiello's from Serrata...

First Name: Pantaleone
Last Name: Ajello
Ethnicity: Italian, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Montauro, Italy
Date of Arrival: Sep 03, 1909
Age at Arrival: 17y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Calabria
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0026

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0027%2ETIF

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0027%2ETIF

Leaves father Pantaleone in Montauro. Montauro is about 90 minutes driving time from Serrata.

Driving Map

------------------------------
There is a Gato I believe that may have married a brother or could be a brother n law of or a sister n law of on records coming through Ellis Island trying to paste them together and see if it goes with our Domenico or Dominic Ally or Aiello or our Francesco Aiello, we do not know if Francesco's name ever changed in the US.
First Name: Francesco (there is mention of a Carmela Gatto ? )
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Serrata, Riggiobal
Date of Arrival: May 03, 1912 (also in USA from 1904 - 1908)
Age at Arrival: 39y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Koenig Albert
Manifest Line Number: 0005
Joining brother Danielle? in W.Va

First Name: Alessandro
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Serrata, Riggiobal
Date of Arrival: May 03, 1912
Age at Arrival: 44y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Koenig Albert
Manifest Line Number: 0006
Joining cousin Giuseppe Aiello

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0567%2ETIF

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0567%2ETIF

Hope this adds to the confusion ! :P
MEGAGS

Post by MEGAGS »

thanks so much Francesco Ajello is my great uncle It is so confusing because he uses his Italian last name here, then Vincenzo his brother signs his in a letter Vincenzo Aiello, then grandfather had his changed in the US to Allio....yipes...I need the confusion to end. I also need to know who the sisters were or if there were any more brothers too..any help is greatly appreciated. thanks :D