How to research Napoli birth?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lizfarrell

How to research Napoli birth?

Post by lizfarrell »

All I know is that my ancestor was born in Napoli. I would like to search LDS microfilm for his birth record (I have the date), but is Napoli enough? Do I need a more specific location? I would appreciate any help. TIA
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: How to research Napoli birth?

Post by jcsm400 »

Yes, you do need the exact town information. Now, he could have been born in Napoli(Naples), Napoli, Italy, but by obtaining records for him & his family, you should be able to verify Naples as the ancestral town or get the correct town information.

If you post details (full names, birth years, where he/she settled, when he/she came to US, etc. & same for his/her family), we maybe able to help in obtaining records that would have the information.

What records do you already have?

Look forward to helping.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

The Province of Napoli has a surface area of 1,171 square km, with a total population of over 3 million inhabitants. It is administratively divided into 92 Municipalities. The province is densely populated, and rotates around the spectacular gulf, that fascinates and attracts visitors from all over the world. Not only the city of Naples itself (the Italian proverb says "Vedi Napoli e poi muori" = see Naples then die), the home of pizza, songs, and the Neapolitan dialect and character, the ruins of Pompeii, but also the splendid islands of Capri (with the towns of Capri and Anacapri), Ischia (with the six centers of Casamicciola Terme, Ischia, Barano, Lacco Ameno, Serrara Fontana and Forio), Procida, The enchanting Peninsula of Sorrento (with Sorrento, Meta, Vico Equense) the astounding cliffs covered with luxuriant vegetation, the Vesuvio in the background with its unmistakable skyline ... and so much more that the ancients rightly called this region "felix ager", a happy land.
jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jenalonso »

I know something about researching the LDS records for Naples (my ancestors also from there). But I noticed you haven't responded to this post, so if you're still interested, let us know. I'll tell you everything I've learned.
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.
jducale

Post by jducale »

I researched all I could on the LDS site regarding Napoli but there are many parts of the city and many comuni. The only info I had was my great grandparents' marriage certificate from Calvizzano which listed Vincenzo Ducale's city as only Napoli. On documents, they were usually quite specific about which exact comune the individual was from so if a document states Napoli as the city it is likely that it is the Comune di Napoli. I wrote to the administrator and received the birth certificate which informed me that my great grandfather was an orphan and named the birth date and gave other info.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Are there any online records yet either for the comune di Napoli or the town of Lubrichi? Either on the family search site or another site?