Military records from State Archive in Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Military records from State Archive in Naples

Post by ricbru »

Hello listers,
I just called the lady in charge of State Archive in Naples to ask if now the restoration of the building is done, (that one keeping all the military records of the men born in the area of Naples), and unfortunately she said that the restoration is not over yet (they thought it would have been ready for the end of January 2007). :cry:
She said it will take several further months.
She suggested me to call once a month to have some informations about the restoration.
I let you know this because while people work for the restoration of that building, nobody is allowed to go in and research for ancestor's military record. :roll:
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo :lol:
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Military records from State Archive in Naples

Post by wldspirit »

Thank you Riccardo for the update.... :D
We will have to remember this when directing posters for records in this area......
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
milhistbuff1

Post by milhistbuff1 »

Riccardo,

Can you post the number? My Great Grandfather was from the Napoli area so I have to use that building to get his military records once they are finished.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

milhistbuff1 wrote:Riccardo,

Can you post the number? My Great Grandfather was from the Napoli area so I have to use that building to get his military records once they are finished.
Hello,
I don't understand what you mean!
If you send now any request, only in italian, to have miltary record, they don't answer you, or they just say it is not possible to research and issue a photocopy of your ancestor military record, because nobody can't get in since it is under restoration.
The State Archive in Naples has two buildings: one keeping only military records, and the other one any other kind records.
The first one is closed for restoration, the other one is open and people get in to research and study.
This is the address of State Archive in Naples

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI NAPOLI
Piazzetta del Grande Archivio,
80138 Napoli
ITALY

asna@archivi.beniculturali.it

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
yesterday I called again the lady in charge of the Archive, they are going to test the building to see if the restoration was done in the proper way.
She told me to call every 20 days, and she thinks that the restoration will be over, so people can get in to research their ancestors military record, in a couple of months.
I keep you updated
ciao Riccardo