Bartholomeus Pietersz/ Pietro Rigo of Livorno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
esthervanrems

Bartholomeus Pietersz/ Pietro Rigo of Livorno

Post by esthervanrems »

Hello,

Just joined since I have discovered an Italian anchestor. I have no idea where to look for information, but I guess you can help?

His name in the netherlands was BATHOLOMEUS (PIETERSZ) RIGO OF LIVORNO, Livorno will be either the city or the area Livorno. Rigo can be the surname of a city?? Pietersz in dutch means Pietro's son in english-italian.

All I know is that he lived in The Netherlands and married there. He had at least one child. He joined the VOC and sailed with the ship Java to the East, died aboard the ship 7-2-1779. No idea how old he was, he was a cooks help aboard the ship.

Identity card of Bartholomeus Pietersz? (Bart) van Livorno/Rigo
Bartholomeus Pietersz? (Bart) van Livorno/Rigo was born in Livorno, Italië. Bart died on February the 7.th 1779 in op zee op het VOC-schip Java (cause: Overleden op VOC schip Java op weg naar Batavia, Indonesië.) [source: vocopvarenden.nationaalarchief.nl]. Bart married Susanna (Susanna) Kobus. Susanna was born in 1742. Susanna died on November the 26.th 1820 at 10:00 on Enkhuizen, at the age of 78 years (cause: Vissersdijk te Enkhuizen) [source: akte 92]. The decease was registered on November the 27.th 1820 [source: akte 92]. At the death registration of Susanna, the following persons were present as a witness: Jan Hoogeveen and Job Meun.

Child of Bart and Susanna :
1 Trijntje Bartels (Trijntje) van Livorno, born in 1778. Trijntje married, at the age of 36 years, on February the 20.th 1814 in Enkhuizen [source: akte 39] Pieter Jacobsz (Piet) de Boer, aged 53 years. At the civil wedding of Trijntje and Piet, the following persons were present as a witness: Wander Lakenman, Hendrik Reuvers, Dirk Ruitenberg and Theunis de Vries. Piet was born in 1761, son of Jacob Pietersz (Jacob) de Boer and Aaltje Pieters (Aaltje). Piet died on January the 7.th 1820 at 04:00 on Enkhuizen, at the age of 59 years (cause: Op Visschersdijk te Enkhuizen). The decease was registered on January the 8.th 1820 [source: akte 5]. At the death registration of Piet, the following persons were present as a witness: Jan Hoogeveen and Job Meun.

Generated using Aldfaer version 3.5.3 on 05-03-2007 17:18 by Esther van Rems-Dijkstra

I hope someone can help!

All the Best
Esther van Rems
(always prepared to help in the Netherlands!)