Del Savio & Chiaradia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mlrrds

Del Savio & Chiaradia

Post by mlrrds »

When I searched the Italian Surnames database on this site for the names DEL SAVIO and then CHIARADIA, I found e-mail links to which I sent messages. Both messages bounced back because the addresses were no longer active. I\'m hoping that the people that posted those links might see this message. Or that that the moderator of this site might know how to forward the messages. Below are the e-mail addresses & messages that I tried sending.
<BR>
<BR>TO: <a href="mailto:delsavio@worldnet.att.net" target="_new">delsavio@worldnet.att.net</a>
<BR>I am the descendant of Del Savio&#8217;s from Caneva, Prov. of Pordenone, Italy. My grandfather came to the United States in the early 1900&#8217;s. These are my ancestors:
<BR>
<BR>Grandfather: DOMENICO (1880-1960) b. Caneva, Italy
<BR>Great-Grandfather: LUIGI (1853-1911) b. Caneva, Italy
<BR>2nd Great-Grandfather: DOMENICO (1824-1875) b. Sacile, Italy
<BR>3rd Great-Grandfather: FRANCESCO
<BR>
<BR>I know that there are still a few Del Savio in Caneva. Most of my relatives are in the area around New York City. I know that there are groups of Del Savio in the areas around Akron, Ohio and Gloversville, NY to whom we do not appear to be related.
<BR>
<BR>I would be interested in any information about the Del Savio family that you know. From what I can tell, there are relatively few Del Savio in Italy and they appear to be concentrated in just a few areas. I base this statement on information found on www.gens.labo.net.
<BR>
<BR>TO: <a href="mailto:Ribelliac@aol.com" target="_new">Ribelliac@aol.com</a>
<BR>I am a descendant of the Chiaradia&#8217;s from Caneva, Prov. of Pordenone, Italy. My grandmother&#8217;s mother was Santa Chiaradia and my grandmother&#8217;s maternal grandfather was Andrea Chiaradia (+ 1804 &#8211; 1875). Andrea was the son of Domenico Chiaradia & Angela Pasini (dates unknown). My grandmother&#8217;s paternal grandmother was Paola Chiaradia (dates unknown).
<BR>
<BR>I recently just began researching my Italian ancestors. I am currently in the process of reviewing civil record microfilms for Caneva at a local LDS Family History Center. It is through these records that I found the above ancestors.
<BR>
<BR>My last name is Del Savio. My Del Savio ancestors were also from Caneva. They came to the United States in the early 1900&#8217;s.
<BR>
<BR>I know that Chiaradia was a popular surname in Caneva in the late 1800&#8217;s. We may not be related but I thought I would at least write. If you have any information to share, I would be most interested in hearing from you.
<BR>
<BR>
ptimber
Master
Master

Del Savio & Chiaradia

Post by ptimber »

You might consider writing one generic letter to all persons with the same surname in the town of origin in Italy with your information and request what additional information you are seeking. You can write in VERY SIMPLE english since english is the second language. Include a self address envleope with a dollar for stamps to ewncourage a reply. Peter
mlrrds

Del Savio & Chiaradia

Post by mlrrds »

Thanks for the suggestion, I already know who the Del Savio descendants are in Caneva. Is there something that makes you think the people I was trying to reach via e-mail are in Caneva, Italy? Their e-mail addresses don\'t give any indication of that to me. I was trying to link up with others that have an interest in the research around these families where ever they may be.
ptimber
Master
Master

Del Savio & Chiaradia

Post by ptimber »

In Italy, the USA or the world? You can go to the www.gens.labo.net for geographics of the name in Italy and the mormon family name index. Please specify. Peter