Help with SS...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MariaMazzocco
Rookie
Rookie

Help with SS...

Post by MariaMazzocco »

Hi people!!! Here I am again to ask you something...

I should buy a photocopy of the application for a Social Security card , but I live in Italy and I don't know how it works properly...

I understood the procedure, but I don't know if Socialy Security Administration will send to Italy these papers!

Is there anyone who had alredy done this thing? Or is there anyone able to help me doing this thing?

Thanks in advance, Maria
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with SS...

Post by Cathynap »

Most of their forms are online now. Try here: http://www.ssa.gov/online/forms.html
Hope this helps.
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by drovedo »

You will need alot documentation to show that you are immediate relative of person in question or are the person in question.
MariaMazzocco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MariaMazzocco »

drovedo wrote:You will need alot documentation to show that you are immediate relative of person in question or are the person in question.
what kind of documentation? 8O
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by drovedo »

Sorry for the delay, besides the form on ss website, you will need to prove that you are immediate relative by submitting your birth cert, passport, driver's license, address, phone number (they may call and have), your relatives death record or permission statement notarized by them if they are alive. Oh and FOIA request form. Form and all supporting docs must be notarized and you must present your Identifications to notary who can do US docs under penalty of perjury--- namely,possible prison time and major fines if you forge docs, etc. You might need references and work info, utility, phone bill,etc, as well.

You must prove immediate descent and you must have permission if immediate relative is still alive.

Yeah this can be a major hassle. But basically you are still talking about a social security record and everything that the applicant submitted to
government.

Your relative may not have even had a social security number if they were too old to work or deceased by circa 1936. I would check the ss index on that before sending app.

Hope that helps.
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by drovedo »

ssdi.rootsweb.com/

I found nothing for giacomino or james or jack

Two entries for giacomo but none for the time period you are looking for.
MariaMazzocco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MariaMazzocco »

It's like I am at a dead point and I don't know how to go on... :(