help finding date & location of death

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
louis41
Rookie
Rookie

help finding date & location of death

Post by louis41 »

My great-grandfather Luigi aka Louis Ianelli dob 3 Feb 1857 was born in Berceto, Italy. He and his wife Celestine migrated to Marseille France. Had 6 children and then in 1902 he came to U.S.. In 1903 his wife and other children came to join him.

They lived in Phila, PA for most of their lives. They also spent a great deal of time in Lavallette, NJ with their daughter Virginia Ianelli Vischioni.

I am trying to find out when they both died and where they died.

I know Luigi died sometime between 1943 and 1951 and his wife lived until about 1950 or 1952.

How can I find out where and when they died? I have tried Ancestry.com and the SSI site with no results.

Thanks,

Louis
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: help finding date & location of death

Post by nuccia »

Have you tried www.familysearch.org? They may have something. If Luigi died between the years you suggest, he probably won't show up in the SSDI (registration details really came up in about 1963.

What was the last record you have of them? Have you been able to place them on a 1930 Census? If so, can you provide the details? You may also want to briefly add the other info you have (Census Details) so that we can narrow things down a bit.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
louis41
Rookie
Rookie

Post by louis41 »

Yes I did try familysearch.org and came up empty. Maybe you have better luck than me and will find them there. I couldn't find them.

Here is the link for the 1930 census. He & part of his family start on line 21. He is using his Americanized name Louis.

http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/view ... &rc=&zp=75

I will try to post other details on him & his wife when I can figure out how to copy them onto here.

Thanks for your help.

Louis
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thanks Louis.

I'm going to have a look at it now and see if I can come up with anything for you.!

By the way, for others wishing to view the link and don't have ancestry..heres a link using imageshack...

1930 Census
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
louis41
Rookie
Rookie

Post by louis41 »

Thanks for your help Nunccia.

What other info would be of help to you. I don't really have a lot of info. I have found them in the 1910 & 1920 census, if that would be of any help. Let me know what I can do to make it easier and if I have the info I will post it for you.

Louis
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

No problem Louis..I'm glad to help.

I also returned your PM..you can email me if you want so I don't have to remember which post to look at..theres so many posts and i can't keep up with all of them in my old age. :lol: :lol:
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

Maybe this isn't the best idea for you, but you might want to try and order their death certificates. Worse comes to worse you are out the $9 for a PA search if you ever learn the year, and you could just do a wide search on the years from 1943 to 1951(it costs $34 for a 10 year search). Just a thought.

http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/healt ... 8&Q=202275 here is the website with all the info. Hope it helps!
louis41
Rookie
Rookie

Post by louis41 »

Thanks Mike. That is an option I will take if can't find it anywhere else.

Louis