Chiappelli ancestors in Pistoia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tbarbee

Chiappelli ancestors in Pistoia

Post by tbarbee »

Hi. I am pretty new at this and am completely stumped. The ancestor that came over to the United States is Arturo Chiappelli. His birth is: 29 Jan 1882 in Pistoia. He came over to the United States in 1900 and I believe I have found the ships registery that confirms this. He settled in Northern California, Sonora/Jamestown, California to be exact. And he married a Teresa Franco, there and had 5 children. One of which is my late grandfather. However I have no information about his parents. (since all the children have now passed). My grandmother told me that the Chiappelli's are from Pistoia Cirgelo, Italy. But I am confused. Is Cirgelo a town in Pistoia? Like I said I'm new to this and can't get past Arturo Chiappelli. I'd appreciate any advice. My grandmother also said that there are some Chiappelli's still in Italy as she used to write to them but she doesn't remember any of their names.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Chiappelli ancestors in Pistoia

Post by Biff83 »

From Pagina Bianche, list of Chiapelli's in Pistoia with address on Via Villa Cireglio

Chiappelli Aldo
51100 Pistoia (PT) - Via Villa Cireglio, 12
0573 39076

Chiappelli Mauro
51100 Pistoia (PT) - Via Villa Cireglio, 18
0573 39298

Chiappelli Paolo
51100 Pistoia (PT) - Via Villa Cireglio, 18
0573 39766

Agnoletti Chiappelli Giovanna
51100 Pistoia (PT) - Via Villa Cireglio, 26

There are other Chiappelli families as well. You can locate by accessing the following web site. In the Cognome field type Chiappelli and in the Dove field type Pistoia.
http://www.paginebianche.it/
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

maybe is Cireglio hamleth in Pistoia town; here the right email for to request the documents that you need:
http://www.comune.pistoia.it/circ3/index.html
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

I suggest to write directly to the address of Comune,
sometimes is more accepted than an email, or write to Archivio di Stato di Pistoia, for ancestors records
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo
rachelbrat

Post by rachelbrat »

Hello, looks as if this post is rather old but i am hoping that you will come back and are still looking for info.......My Chiappelli roots are also in Cireglio, which is an area of Pistoia Italy. We have ALWAYS been told by our family that ALL Chiappelli's from Pistoia are infact related! My Great Grandpa came to America in 1914 I think? He was a teen and left behind a big family, there are still LOTS of chiappelli's in Pistoia and close areas in italy. We have family there that speak english and know some family history, I would love to know more about you. In Michigan there are literally hundreds of Chiappelli's!!!!!!!!!! My great grandpa was Anchise Chiappelli and he migrated to the us through ellis island and we have been able to trace our roots very well. More than likely you are related to this very large family, I would like to think that Arturo was my great grandpas big brother or uncle or most likely his cousin. I will provide more info here to you if you respond otherwise its alot to type here for no reason. Also, we have family who have gone to Cireglio and Pistoia to see & learn about our history there......somwone there may know who Arturo Chiappelli really was!
Dena

Post by Dena »

It doesn't look like anyone is coming back here, but just in case, I'm also looking for the Chiapelli family in Cireglio. My great great grandmother was Rosina Chiappelli, born about 1878. She ended up in Pennsylvania.