PeggyMcKee/Marchi surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
luvmynonnie
Rookie
Rookie

PeggyMcKee/Marchi surname

Post by luvmynonnie »

Hi :)
I was just reading the different posts and noticed that one of the surnames you are researching is: Marchi. My mother's sister married Dominic Marchi sometime in the 1940's. His dad was Natale Marchi and his mom was Sylvia. They lived in the SF bay area (actually not there, but close)
I remember that both Natalie and Sylvia did not speak any English and they practically raised my cousin...and that is *why* she's the only one of us that speaks Italian :cry:
Anyway, on the off chance that my Marchi is related to your Marchi, thought I'd post.
Lib
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Re: PeggyMcKee/Marchi surname

Post by peggymckee »

Hi lovmynonnie!

I know very little about my Marchi grandfather. His first name was Nello, his parents were Luigi Marchi & Emilia (don't know her maiden name). Nello was born in Sesto Fiorentino in 1887. He married Luigia Bertellotti from Stazzema in 1909. Nello's parents are also from Sesto Fiorentino. Nello came to the US in 1914 & settled in Chicago. He died in 1958 & had 2 sons, Albert and my father Louis (Eusebio Luigi Leone). Both Al & Lou are also dead. I have never heard that Nello had siblings, cousins etc--though of course he may have.

Once I get my Italian citizenship paperwork done, I plan to spend time with FHC microfilms and hopefully find out more. I just received Nello's birth certificate from Italy but it tells me nothing more than I already knew--not even the maiden name of his mother.

I have no idea if Natale is related--but I make a note of all possible relatives for the day when I can research further. So many thanks & keep the information coming!

Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
luvmynonnie
Rookie
Rookie

Re: PeggyMcKee/Marchi surname

Post by luvmynonnie »

I printed your reply and will talk to my cousin...
Gosh, this genealogy stuff is certainly addicting, isn't it!
Good luck to you as well in your searching.
Lib