Arrigo surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ajar

Arrigo surname

Post by ajar »

I believe that I have found a copy of my great grandfather (Giuseppe Arrigo) birth registration in Termini Immerse, Sicily. The only problem is that it's written in Italian or Latin and I can't read it. How can I get it translated into English? ~Anita
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

either go to the library or bookstore and obtain Italian Records by Trafford R. Cole or take your document to your nearest high school with a language Dept (spanish or Italian language) or a nearby university with language dept. These documents are standard and easy to translate foir any latin language teacher. Peter
ajar

Post by ajar »

Thank you!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Please get back to me if you rin into any difficulty and I will see what I will do for you. Peter
Melanie532

Arrigo from Termini Imerese

Post by Melanie532 »

My great-great-grandmother was Maria Arrigo from Termini Imerese who married Lorenzo Lo Schiavo. Do you have a Maria in your line? Arrigo seems to be a pretty common name in Termini.

Melanie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Melanie we are still working on getting a translation for her document. Your posting is intrusive. Please wait until the immediate problem is resolved. Thank you Peter
Melanie532

Post by Melanie532 »

I'm sorry I didn't mean to be intrusive. I guess this forum doesn't work like many of the others I have used.

To ajar, I might be of some help to you in the translating of your document as I have had some experience in translating some Atti di Nascitas of my own family.

Contact me if you need additional help.

Melanie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thank you for your offer of help. I hope she takes you up on it. If not there is a website www.freetranslation.com that m,ight help. Peter