birth certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

birth certificate

Post by jolynn »

hello all, i have a basic birth cert of my great aunt. it gives her name, date of birth, place of birth. is it possible to obtain a more comprehensive version which may include parents names and address. thankyou all, regards, john
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Re: birth certificate

Post by Poipuo4 »

Yes, you would ask for una copia integrale of the atto di nacsita (meaning an integral act). You get it by making this specific request of the Ufficio Civile, or if you are lucky enough to have your town on microfilm at the FHC (see www.familysearch.org), you can make a copy yourself by renting the film at your local Later Day Saints family history center. You must have asked for an extract or estratto (mind my spelling!), so you received some brief information.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou poipuo4, that is very helpful, have you obtained full birth cert,s before, what type of information does it contain, thanks again, regards, john
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

John,

Here's the image of my grandfather's birth record.

Giuseppe Epifano Atti di Nascita

The record gives his birth date and time, birth place including the street, parents' names, ages and occupations and witnesses with ages and occupations.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

Yes, I have a few. They are sometimes VERY hard to read because the handwriting is quite different, shall we say. They usually contain the name of the mom and dad, the profession and age of the dad and sometimes the age and profession of the mom, the address of where the child was born, the time of day the child was born, the name of the witnesses, their ages and professions . . . and sometimes more. I have one that states the maternal and paternal grandfather and great grandfather of the baby and whether they were alive or dead and their professions too. Sometimes there is an annotation on the birth certificate with the person's death info. So far, I don't have any with the annotations though.

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thanks for that both of you, would that be the same for birth certs around 1888-1894, were they the same, thankyou both again, regards, john
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

It should be somewhat the same. The one I have from 1871 has more details than the one I have from 1884. That is because the one from 1871 was entirely handwritten but the one from 1884 was a preprinted form and the town official filled in the blanks.

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello poipuo4, thankyou for that, i shall be sending for the full certs and then keep my fingers crossed, it would mean so much to get copies so i can confirm the parents names as i have had that many differant spellings, i suppose that is normal, well thanks again, regards, john