Russo - Scialla

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie

Russo - Scialla

Post by lisagooley »

I have loads of information on my grandfather Carmine Antonio Russo and have tracked him back to Montesarchio, Benevento, Campania Italy.

I know my Grandmothers DOB and DOD...and have many variations of her name. I don't know when she came to the US, though I think I may have found an immigration record for 1904 on Ancestry.com.

Maria Michelina Scialla

I sent away for Marriage information for Carmine & Maria...and for my fathers original birth certificate. But I honestly don't know where to go from here. I sent for my grandfathers birth information in Montesarchio...waiting on that. I also sent for the original form he filled out for his Naturalization papers (which I have the orignal)...not the form he filled out though.

After weeks of searching for my grandfathers immigration records I finally found him listed as carminantonio russo...not Carmen Antonio Russo. Then in searching for my father - the last name was translated as Fosso instead of Russo.

I have tried looking for different misspellings for Scialla...and have come up with nothing. I believe she was born in 1894 in italy (tombstone pic) and eventually died in Ozone Park, NY in 1926 when my father was 2.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Russo - Scialla

Post by BillieDeKid »

Do you know Maria's parents name? If not you can check the funeral home or her church and they will have records of her mothers full name and her fathers full name.

Also do you know the name of the town she came from?

Regards,

Elizabeth
mjones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mjones »

Lisa:

Here are a couple of possible manifests on Maria Michelina Scialla

Mar Michela Scialla
Date of Arrival: Aug 26, 1913
Approx yr of birth: 1895
Father listed as Domenico
Going to Uncle Angelo Bartolo? in Philadelphia, PA

M. Michela Scialla
Date of Arrival: Dec 19, 1920
Approx yr of birth: 1896
Father listed as Giovanni
Traveling from Casagiove, Caserta, Italy
Going to Uncle Pasquale Ferraro
2112 Second Avenue, NY

merjones
FERRI - PROVENZANO - GUADAGNI - MARINESI - LARUSSA
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lisagooley »

The second listing you have is my Grandmother. I sent away for her marriage license. Maria Michela Scialla married to Carminantonio Russo.

Her fathers name was Giovanni Scialla and her mother, Giovanna Ferrara.

thanks for doing the searching for me. M. Michela Scialla...research is frustrating!

She is from Casa Giove, Italy.

Still looking for leads though!
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lisagooley »

The second listing you have is my Grandmother. I sent away for her marriage license. Maria Michela Scialla married to Carminantonio Russo.

Her fathers name was Giovanni Scialla and her mother, Giovanna Ferrara.

thanks for doing the searching for me. M. Michela Scialla...research is frustrating!

She is from Casa Giove, Italy.

Still looking for leads though!