Rand from Rome

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tinkerbell

Rand from Rome

Post by tinkerbell »

I looking for any information on the name Rondinero, Randinero, not sure of the spelling. My grandfather came from Rome in 189???, his name was shortened to Rand by immigration. Also looking for any Zarlenga's from the Rome area, my father's family name, also came to USA about the same time.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Tinkerbell since you did not tell me what your grandfather's first name was there are three possiblities which YOU have to review since you know his first name and I don't. Furthermore the www.ellisisland.org website has the following possiblities 1: Rendinaro which has 5 persons arriving at NYC as immigrants 2: Randinara which has 1 person arriving at NYC as an immigrant and lastly 3: Rondinaro which has 4 persons arriving at NYC as immigrants. Alongside each name is the town of origin for each of these persons and the dates of their arrival in the USA at NYC and there ages as well. The same holds true for Zarlenga which is an accurate name and you can use the ellisisland website for his entry information and his age at time of entry. Once you know who they are and where they come from then go to www.paginebianche.it which is in italian and is an address and telephone directory for those persons in the towns mentioned in the ellisisland website with the same surnames. Put in the correct 1,2 or 3 surname in the first line and the town in the third line and click CERCA and a listing will show up. Get back to me if you have problems and remember to furnish as much information as you can since the person you are talking to doesn't know what you know. Peter
astrorse

Post by astrorse »

zA zA
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Astrorse: DITTO you are an intellectual boor. Peter