Translation Assistance

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EricRJones

Translation Assistance

Post by EricRJones »

There are a couple of organizations dedicated to the Risorgimento to which I want to write to see if they have any information about my GGGGrandfather Ercole Biancani. If someone could assist me in translating the parts in English into Italian, I would be very grateful (corrections to the parts I attempted to write in Italian are welcome as well):

Mi chiamo Eric Jones ed abito negli Stati Uniti. Sono alla ricerca della mis storia familiare. Cerco informazioni riguardo ai mio antenato Ercole Biancani.

Ercole e nato verso 1822 a Ravenna ed morto il 11 gennaio 1876 a Lampedusa. [He served with Giuseppe Garibaldi in 1849, and probably 1859/1860 and 1866/1867. He assisted Garibaldi during his retreat through Revanna in August 1849. I have seen a reference to him as an officer under Giovanni Santucci.]

[I would be grateful for any additional information you can provide about Ercole Biancani, or if you can direct me to sources that mention him.]

Lei ringrazio gentilmente per il suo aiuto.

Cordialmente vostro,
Eric Jones
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Translation Assistance

Post by nuccia »

Eric,

You may want to post this on the translation board. I'm sure someone will help regardless but it may be a better place. If you have any questions or need any help in moving it just give a holler and I'll give you a hand.

Good Luck!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Mi chiamo Eric Jones ed abito negli Stati Uniti. Sono alla ricerca della mia storia familiare, in particolare cerco informazioni sul mio antenato Ercole Biancani.

Ercole Biancani è nato verso 1822 a Ravenna ed è morto l'11 gennaio 1876 a Lampedusa. Era al seguito di Giuseppe Garibaldi nel 1849 e, probabilmente, nel 1859/1860 e 1866/1867. Ha assistito Garibaldi durante la ritirata attraverso Ravenna dell'agosto 1849. Mi risulta anche che fosse un ufficiale sotto Giovanni Santucci.

Le sarei estremamente grato se potesse fornirmi ulteriori informazioni su Ercole Biancani o indirizzarmi verso altre fonti che lo possano riguardare.

La ringrazio gentilmente per il Suo aiuto.

Cordialmente Suo,
Eric Jones
EricRJones

Post by EricRJones »

Thanks so much.

I would be happy to move this thread to the more appropriate forum, but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm afraid it was late when I posted, and I wasn't thinking clearly.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

No problem, Eric! Livio has replied so no need to worry about moving it.

Now go and mail you letter..and don't forget to come back and let us know when you get a reply!

Good Luck!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database