Surname - Scase

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Scasey

Surname - Scase

Post by Scasey »

Hello,

I am trying to find out about my great grandfather who we believe came from the Genoa area, and left Italy around 1900. His name was Andrew/Andreos. We believe that the name 'Scase' could have been changed from what it originally was so it could be 'Scazzi' or the nearest equivalent.

Thanks for your help

Scasey (UK)

Ciao, sto provando a scoprire circa il mio nonno grande che crediamo siamo venuto dalla zona de Genova e dall'Italia di sinistra verso 1900. Il suo nome era Andrew/Andreos. Crediamo che 'lo Scase 'nome potrebbe essere cambiato da che cosa originalmente era in modo da potrebbe essere 'Scazzi 'o l'equivalente più vicino. Ringraziamenti per il vostro aiuto Scasey (Regno Unito)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Scase in english would be pronounced SKACE and there does not appear to be any other variation that matches that pronounciation and so Scazzi (pronounced skaaaaziii) seeems reasonable except for the fact that 80% of th Scazzi surname comes from Apulia in the South adriatic part of Italy. I mention this only to not overlook family lore. There are one Scazzi in the city of Genova and one in the Piemonte region in the province of Torino and a third in the city of Biella . So go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Scazzi in the first line and in the third line put in Genova nd then put in TO and then put in Biella each time clicking CERCA so that the name,address and telephone number of the person comes up. You can decide to write to them and ask them if they are related to you in Italian (if there is a lnaguage school near you) or in very simple english since english is the second language in Italy. enclose an envelope with your address and a dollar US$) for stamps. Peter