Dual Citizenship

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gina501
Veteran
Veteran

Dual Citizenship

Post by Gina501 »

The only thing that stands between me and my Italian Citizenship is that illusive piece of paper that says my ancestor never naturalized. I have several things, but none that are right.

Can anyone who has been through this process tell me exactly what I need? What works, what doesn't, where you got it from and how long it took? I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.
Gina
Searching for surnames Ignazio, Graziano, Trella, Del Principe, Biani, Subrizi, Della Valle

http://ignaziogenealogy.com
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Dual Citizenship

Post by ricbru »

Gina,
since you want to get the italian citizenship via blood right from Ignazio Carmeloni, and since he settled in New York, you need to contact Naturalizatio record office in Lee Summit, Missouri, Homeland Security in Washington DC (on Massachussets Ave, Ullico Building), NARA Archive in Washigton DC or Maryland, and the Federal or local court closest to where Ignazio Carmeloni used to live.
From this offices you need to have the copy of the certificate of naturalization, or a certified negative answer of no records.
If you need any help, or suggestion or you have more questions you know where to find me
bye Riccardo