Researching Bianchi, Furlani, Dallabrida, Nicoletti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
easouzaus

Researching Bianchi, Furlani, Dallabrida, Nicoletti

Post by easouzaus »

I am trying to find out where my great-grandfather Bonaventuro Bianchi was born. I know he married Marie Bunt (Bohemia), had four children and was living in Dudelingon prior to sailing to New York, USA in December 1888. He and his family settled in Mount Carmel, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania.

I am also researching Furlani, Dallabrida, Nicoletti (my direct ancesters) and others who emigrated to the USA from Vigolo Vattara, Trentino. The immigrants all setlled in the Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania area.

Eileen
vj
Master
Master

Re: Researching Bianchi, Furlani, Dallabrida, Nicoletti

Post by vj »

for reference, may help ...
Bianchi family details from another post:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... vious.html

a link to the census mentioned in the post
1900 Bianchi family census
and the
1888 Bianchi manifest
page 2
easouzaus

Post by easouzaus »

I didn't realize I was already a member as easouza. Did this site have a different URL in 2006?

As to my brick wall, Bonaventura Bianchi. I have his death cert and obit from 1906. I have the passinger list from Dec. 1888. He went by Walley or Vinton as a first name at times. He was well liked in Mt Carmel. The 1900 census is the only one he appears in and I have that.

How do you get the declaration of intent to file? I know he was naturalized sometime between 1888 and 1900 but I do not think this is exact enough. Is it 3 or 5 years before you can file intent? I heard that that is the only place I may find his birth town.

I have all the church records for the Bianchi family in the US. To use the microfilm at the FHL, I need a town. It is a catch 22.

Eileen
KJLong

Post by KJLong »

Eileen,
my family is the Part of the Dallabrida's of Kulpmont and Mt. Carmel. My cosin Dale Dallabrida has done extensive reasearch on the Dallabrida family back to 1700's. if you can tell me your link to the family, I get the okay from him to forward you so info.

Best of luck,
Kerry