Bevilacqua, Bonco, Esposito,DelVecchio,Cisaullo GED Files

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
andybevi

Bevilacqua, Bonco, Esposito,DelVecchio,Cisaullo GED Files

Post by andybevi »

I just joined because I am looking for Bevilacqua's--my GED files have never been shared but I would be willing to do so--have the above Itailan surnames in it (subject line)--I want to visit Italy in a few years and am looking for where this particular branch of the family came from--farthest back reference I have with a location is Angelo Michele Bevilacqua, Ariano Irpino Italy 1842--no location for his his father Nicola b 1798--does anyone have any links with these surnames that may help me find more info?--Thanks

Andy
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Bevilacqua, Bonco, Esposito,DelVecchio,Cisaullo GED File

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

A number of people have posted info about the Bevilacqua's. Press search at the top of this page and you can view all the posts here already. if you want more help after that, add to this post.

Good luck,
Mary Jo
andybevi

Post by andybevi »

Thanks Mary Jo--that was the first thing I did--I don't usually see many Bevilacqua's in the US so I was amazed when I went to the Ellis Island site and saw how many came over on the boats--Now I have the problem of finding the specific line of Bevis that I belong to--as an aside I am also looking for Scheiner, Houle and Ferry (my wifes maiden name is Ferry) we want to go to Europe when I retire in a few years and visit the Bevilacqua castles in Italy and the Ferry Castles in Ireland/Scotland--isnt life grand!!! Thanks so much for your interest!!---if you want to see our website go to www.spencersnook.com ...my wife Jo is a "world renowned" miniaturist....
Andy
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

The link doesn't work as is because part of your next sentence became part of your web address. :( ( You can correct that by editing your post.)

The site is great. :D

Have you seen the book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole? There is a whole section on how the name Bevilacqua was Americanized to Drinkwater and how common that name is in Mass. I saw you are in Alabama. Are your US roots in New England?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I fixed the link so others can now view your site.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
andybevi

Post by andybevi »

Family originally came through Ellis Island to Philadelphia and New York (Brooklyn)--I have been told that the ArchBishop Anthony Bevilacqua that just retired in Philly is a cousin but I havent gotten that far yet in my search--My father was in the Army so we didnt stay with the family--moved to Japan, France , Panama--then when we finally got back to the US to Ft Benning in GA, my dad retired in Florida--I went in and moved to Texas and Alabama so we really dont know many of the rest of the family--my last 2 Aunts/Uncles just died in Dec 07 so I started thinking about our geneaology again--trying to contact lost cousins so all is not lost for future generations

what surnames are you researching?

Andy
bevilacqua

Post by bevilacqua »

Hi Andy - I am also looking for surname Bevilacqua. My grandfather was also Angelo Bevilacqua - he was from Arzignano, Italy. His father was Giuseppe and his mother was Genieve. Her maiden name was Marchetti. They married in Italy, had my grandfather, another son Carlos, and five girls. Alyce, Josephine, Louise, Lucia, and Marie. Angelo's father came to the US before he did. I can not find when Guiseppe came over, but Angelo arrived at Ellis Island on 12/3/1903. He came with his uncle Gio Batta Bevilacqua (name is hard to read on the ship manifest. My grandfather Angelo settled in Iron Mountain, Michigan. when I first started looking I think I found your Angelo that went to the New York area and thought that he may be my grandfather - but i was wrong.

My husband and I plan on giong to Italy in the few years - to see where my grandfather's family came from. Bevilacqua is not a very common name - at least I have not come across many of them.

Cheri