Chiossone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
massi69uk

Chiossone

Post by massi69uk »

Can you help? I'm trying to work out my family origin and informations about my great-grand father and older.
The name is Pietro Chiossone, I believe his father was called Giuseppe.
Genoa area.
Thank you!
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Chiossone

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi massi69uk and welcome to the forum.

Can you give any more detail on where he was born? We need to try and narrow it down if we can.

Did Pietro go from Italy to UK? About what year did he travel. Wife (full name) and childrens names and approximate years of birth. Pietro's siblings and approximate years of birth. Did any of them travel to UK, USA etc.

The more details you can give, the easier it will be for people on the forum to help you.

Regards,
Elizabeth
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Chiassone is famous on two fronts in the time periood you are referencing...One branch jpined Garibal;di in his Southern Italy campaign and the other Edoardo Chiossone had a museum built in his honor in Genova for being the offical engraver for the Emporer of Japan and the Japanese government. There is no record for Pietro on either side and there is not even a record of his arrival in NYC. So when answering please furnish as much information as you can. =Peter=
massi69uk

Post by massi69uk »

Thank you for your reply. I'm the one in the UK.

I'd appreciate some direction on how find the history of my family. How the name originated? (I have 3 versions...)
I was born in Genova in 1969, my father Mauro born in Genova 1952. I dont't know much else about us.
Do you know which ancestor emigrated to Uruguay?

Many thanks
Massimiliano
massi69uk

Post by massi69uk »

One bit of unconfirmed I have is that a Eugenio Chiossone emigrated to Uruguay in 1870. How can I find out if he is a relation?

Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dedar Massimiliano there are numerous Chiassone sounding names. Many of them are changed,altered, etc but there is only one CHIASSONE, a Doctor whose spelling is accurate in Montevideo. In a shor twhile I will get back to you with the office address in Montevideo to make inquiries. Where do you reside? it helps me. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Massimiliano send an e-mail to Eyarza@movinet.com.uy, preferably in Spanish and very simple english (short simple sentences). Please let me know how you make out so that we can go to the next step and contact the good doctor Chiassone in montevideo who may be related to your Eugenio Chiassone. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Massimiliano Ok we are making progress. Go to www.familysearch.org and under ancestor search just put in Chiossone and you will find a Pedigree resource file for Bernardo Chiossone(1860's) and the birth of his son Antonio in Lavalleja province or department in Uruguay. You can either buy or go to your nearest Mormon family history library (check same site for location) for the family pedigree CD. Since Bernardo is his first name and not Pietro it may require further research to fuklly dtermine if bernardo and Pietro are one and the same person. =Peter=
massi69uk

Post by massi69uk »

Really sorry, I just noticed that I mentioned Uruguay in my posts, but the country I meant was Venezuela.
So Eugenio Chiossone emigrated to Venezuela in 1970...
Apologies :roll:
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

massi69uk wrote:Can you help? I'm trying to work out my family origin and informations about my great-grand father and older.
The name is Pietro Chiossone, I believe his father was called Giuseppe.
Genoa area.
Thank you!
Here is a link for LDS that lists Chiossone files that people have posted.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/ ... search.asp

Do you know if the origin is city of Genova in the province of Genova or just province of Genova?

If it's Genova, Genova I can post the link for civil records.

Regards,
elizabeth
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Massimiliano will have to research all over in Venezuela. I will get back to you as soon as...but are you sure this time that it is Venezuela. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Massimiliano write in simple english and Spanish if you can and send e-mail to Venezuela_genealogia@yahoogroups.com and make your inquiry about your Chiossone family. =Peter=
pfcastor

Post by pfcastor »

Dear Massimiliano,

I may have the information you are trying to find. My Wife is from Venezuela. Her Great-Grandfather was Eugenio Giuseppe Chiossone. He was born October 7, 1848 in Arenzano, Genoa, Italy. He was Baptized in Parrocchia Dei SS. Nazario E Celso on September 15, 1848.

His Father was Giuseppe Chiossone and his mother was Luiggia Chiappara.

Eugenio emmigrated from Italy around 1870 to Cucuta, Columbia. Cucuta is on the Columbian Venezuela Border Near San Christobal Vanezuela. He maried Rosalia Estrada in Cucuta, Columbia. In 1875 an Earthquake Complete destroyed Cucuta. Eugenio moved his family a few miles accross the Venezuelan border to a town called Rubio, Venezuela.

This sounds like the Chiossone Family that you are looking for.

Please let me know, if this is true you have lots of "Cousins" in Venezuela!

Patrick
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Patrick are you responding to this from the Italian Genealogy in Venezuela yahoo groups? I have made contact with Emiro Irausquin Sangiovanni in Venezuela recently and was wondering if you have made contact withhim? =Peter=
pfcastor

Post by pfcastor »

Peter,

No, I live in the US. My Venezuela Brother-in-law recently sent me additional information and documents on my wife's Great-Grandfather. I was Googling his name to see what additional information I could find. That's how I happend on this thread on Italian Genealogy Form.

I lived in Venezuela. I met and married my wife in Venezuela. Her maiden name was Rodriguz Chiossone.

I met many of her Chiossone Cousins while I was living in Venezuela in the early 1980s

Patrick