Looking for Southern Italian Names

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
antoinette7

Re: Looking for Southern Italian Names

Post by antoinette7 » 29 May 2010, 08:05

Hi Jim,
My grandmother was Jenni Bruno, maiden name: Giovannina Mazzaferro. Her mother's name was Angelina Spignola. I believe you are talking about our family history, of which holds some missing facts for us as well. Maybe we can help eachother in our search.
Thanks & Ciao, Antoinette

AmandaDeRenzi

Post by AmandaDeRenzi » 23 May 2012, 06:31

So....I am new to this site and I was born Amanda Louise DeRenzi. My father is Salvatore James DeRenzi, his father was Mario Frank DeRenzi, his father was Gray Bimgnamo DeRenzi. Trying to find his father.....came from Verbicaro Consenza Calabria.

Maybe we are related somehow?

Amanda Olsen (aka Amanda DeRenzi)

giselnatalia

Post by giselnatalia » 22 Nov 2013, 16:17

Hi! i'm looking for my grandpa's family:
- His name was Francisco Nicolas Barbieri, born in 1918 Rosario, Argentina.
- His father was Carlos Barbieri (1895-x) and his mother Dominga Tripaldi (1894 or 1890 - x) both born in Catanzaro (Italy) and married in Rosario (Argentina), 1917.
- Dominga's passport says she was born in Nicotera. Her parents were Francisco Tripaldi and Isabel Brosio. They also had another son Felipe Tripaldi. Who had children with Felisa Fernandez (Spanish woman):Francisco, Felipe, Porota (nickname) Mario & Angelica.
- Carlos´ parents were: Nicolas Barbieri and Isabel Mazzeo.
Could you please help me with my search?
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Gisel

lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lynnef » 16 Mar 2019, 22:29

Hi Bettina, I know this is an old post, but I've been doing more research on my own family tree and found out that my 5x great grandfather was Vincenzo Alvaro who was married to Rosa Asciutti. They were both from Castelvetere (Caulonia) Reggio di Calabria. I'm not sure if you've had any luck in finding anyone with that surname since your original post, but just wanted to let you know that it's in my family tree. :-)
Lynne

Researching Ali, Crisafi, Garuccio, Grigora, Guarna, Niutta, Puccio in Castelvetere/Caulonia, Reggio di Calabria